The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, My Lotus ('06 Elise) will be delivered this week (May 12 +) and I am excited! How about anyone in the area contacting me to talk Lotus? I live in SW Loveland and like to drive in the mountains. My wife usually rides with me and likes to meet other car-couples. If you live in this area give me a call. My phone is 669-1588.

I look forward to meeting other Lotus folks.

Happy Trails,
Dusty

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats!!

I live in Cheyenne, wy. We should get together for a drive sometime. I will be getting back from Fl this friday I'll shoot you an email see if you want to get together. I know another member in Fort Collins that may be interested. I let him know and we will see what happens.

Colin

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Welcome abord. Down in Arvada. Maybe we could meet in Boulder for Dinner some weekend (Islands?).

Keep an eye out for skymaster's drives ( North CO drive 5/9 ). Great group of people. Had three Elises there yesterday, and fourth would even be better.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome Dusty and congrats! There's nothing like Colorado mountain cruises in a Lotus. I've worn out plenty of sets of rear tires so far!

Tom

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Welcome! I'm down near Pikes Peak, but maybe I'll bump into you (figuratively ;) ) at a group drive one of these days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doug,
What is the "skymaster's drive"? Where, when, etc.

Is anyone from this forum going to be at the Concour at Arapaho community College? I will be there but with my 356 Porsche. Maybe we can meet up and shake hands. I am eager to get together with Lotus folks. This car is going to be a ball!!!

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I always go to the Concours at ACC-it's a great turn out with a lot of rare and interesting cars-I drove the Lotus last year and barely made it out of the parking lot, there were so many people stopping to ask questions about the car. Maybe I should have put it in the show, but usually there are lots of Lotus cars there.

Tom

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Is anyone from this forum going to be at the Concour at Arapaho community College? I will be there but with my 356 Porsche. Maybe we can meet up and shake hands. I am eager to get together with Lotus folks. This car is going to be a ball!!!
I'll probably be there in my Elise.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Enjoy your Elise,
I am involved with LOCO (Lotus Colorado). Actually we were out on a drive today, it was a bit wet and cool but no problem for a British car! We have memembers driving all types of Lotus, all the time.
We meet the last tuesday of the month, let me know and I'll get you in the loop.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I know another member in Fort Collins that may be interested. I let him know and we will see what happens.
Colin
That would be me :) I live in SW Fort Collins. My wife loves taking the Lotus for a spin too. It would be awesome to meet sometime Dusty! What color did you get?

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Howdy, My Lotus ('06 Elise) will be delivered this week (May 12 +) and I am excited! How about anyone in the area contacting me to talk Lotus? I live in SW Loveland and like to drive in the mountains. My wife usually rides with me and likes to meet other car-couples. If you live in this area give me a call. My phone is 669-1588.

I look forward to meeting other Lotus folks.

Happy Trails,
Dusty
Welcome to LT :wave:

Now where are the photos of your new toy :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I too just got an '06 Elise over the weekend. I'm in Colorado Springs...if someone could let me know where there are meetups/drives and such that would be awesome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the responses. I can see this is really an active group. My car is coming in from California and is canyon red/biscuit. They tell me it will be delivered Friday or Saturday. I am really eager and will post some pictures when it arrives. In the meantime, LotusFan2 (Ft Collins) give me a short PM and I will give you my address and phone. I am sure the wives can commiserate while we talk Lotus.

Happy Trails,
Dusty

·
Registered
459 Posts
> if someone could let me know where there are meetups/drives and such that would be awesome

Watch this forum for drives etc. Also, are you a member of the local Lotus club yet, Lotus Colorado (LoCo for short)? They are an active bunch. See

Lotus_Colorado | Yahoo! Groups

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Hey new guys,

Another LOCO here.
I live in Westminster, work in Boulder (airport blvd)
My Esprit is in Loveland currently (completely apart)

I went on the drive this weekend with jallingt and the other LOCO's.
I've been in the club since '99, about a year before I bought my Esprit.
Good group of people.

Definitely join the Yahoo Lotuscolorado group.

I've seen 3 Elises lately (in 3 days) none are in the club;
1)a silver one works across the street from me on Airport blvd.
2)an Orange on Ft Hills Pkwy in Boulder
3)a red on HWY-36 near Interlocken

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Help! I had new tires put on my new car ('06 Elise) the day after it was delivered and one of the rear wheel studs broke off while being torqued (72 lbs). Where can I get a new on FAST??

Thanks for any help you can give me. I am eager to get this car on the road.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am guessing Ferrari of Denver. I know from Loveland that is way south. If you want I could pick up one tomorrow (I dont work far from there) and meet you further up north (I live in Arvada).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts