The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me introduce myself since I plan on being on these forums from here on out. My name is Drew, I am 20 and a computer programmer for a company called HostGator (hostgator.com).

Unless anyone has a particularly good reason why I shouldn't, I am driving home this car on Monday (08 Exige S 240):

http://www.starmotorcarslotus.com/C...N&VIN=SCCWC11158HL80513&companyname=StarLotus

I currently own a mini cooper (not the S), so this is a considerable step in what I feel is the right direction for vehicle ownership :).

I drove the dealership's demo car twice and I really enjoyed the drive (considerable under-statement). I drove a similar 07 exige but not the 240.

I'd like to meet some other lotus owners in the Houston area, and it would also be nice to know of some good tracks to check out.

Oh I'd also like to know of any good driving courses for learning the ins and outs driving this car to its capability.

Well that is pretty much it. I'll post pictures Monday.

Thanks for any info about the stuff above!

Edit:
Oh yeah, I work for a web hosting company, so if anyone needs a related service I can facilitate.

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I believe LOST is having a day at the police academy in a few weeks/months. Hard on tires but a great first event.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! You'll love this little beast. Get ready for the carparazzi.
I'm more concerned than excited about that. I'll be irritated if I have to clean it daily just to get off people's finger prints

I forgot to ask originally, does anyone know how well these cars hold their value? I'm talking like 20 years from now, not in the near future.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I thought that was Nigel's car on their site ;)..so I guess he won't have the only black 240 Exige S in town. Welcome,as mentioned before LOST meeting 2nd Saturday at Star, on the 3rd Wednesday of every month we have the Toad Club meeting at the Richmond Arms pub,over on Richmond Ave.

www.toadmotor.com
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7969814596 (new website)

Get your 1000 mile break in complete and join us out at the track for upcoming events:

www.thedriversedge.net

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
20 years old buying an S 240? Great for you man. I got my Esprit at 21. It's amazing, congratulations. You'll love/hate Lotus ownership, haha.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought that was Nigel's car on their site ;)..so I guess he won't have the only black 240 Exige S in town. Welcome,as mentioned before LOST meeting 2nd Saturday at Star, on the 3rd Wednesday of every month we have the Toad Club meeting at the Richmond Arms pub,over on Richmond Ave.

www.toadmotor.com
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7969814596 (new website)

Get your 1000 mile break in complete and join us out at the track for upcoming events:

www.thedriversedge.net
Whats the deal with the 1,000 mile break in? The guy who is selling it to me (Tim) didn't seem to think that was necessary.

20 years old buying an S 240? Great for you man. I got my Esprit at 21. It's amazing, congratulations. You'll love/hate Lotus ownership, haha.
Yeah, you can make a lot of money programming.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The only reason I can see that you shouldn't be driving the car home on Monday would be that you were dropping it off at my house.. :shrug:

Congratulations! Beautiful, beautiful car. I knew I should have been a programmer rather than a designer. lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase. I have a MINI myself (a JCW "S") -- I think you will find them to be quite different beasts, however both very fun in their own way. Have fun and be safe! :up:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Whats the deal with the 1,000 mile break in? .
Don't worry about the 1 K break in........ I did it in 7 days ! ( as have a lot of other folks )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts