·
purveyor of lightness
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
288 Posts
this reminds me of the plan implemented by a certain Mr Bahar....hmmmm

re: electric elige, it will be a re-badge of a re-badged Tesla Roastser. And definitely not "add lightness"... lol

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
158 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the Type 131 will be coming to NA as well this time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love it! If the 131 doesn't start at $100K here in the U.S. and they expand their dealer network out here, they can make quite a resurgence. I think there's a lot of love for Lotus but at the moment you have to be really committed to them as a brand when buying used due to the relative lack of parts and dealer support stateside. Likewise, by having their cars start at $100K they are alienating a lot of folks who probably want to buy their cars and making them accessible only to folks who are cross shopping Lotus with other badges that have a lot more merit (like Porsche, Ferrari, Aston, etc).

An electric or hybrid Elise, Exige, Evora would be amazing. EV really is the future for cars and all of the major manufacturers are dragging their heels barely getting EV SUV's to market. There's a huge hole for proper sports cars at the moment that I don't see getting filled anytime soon. So if Lotus gets the jump, or gets sports EVs to market when there's only a few players, they'll have a viable business in that realm.

Biggest key to success is nailing the price state-side. If they have a model range that covers the $60-$100K price point they'll be golden. If they are going $90K-$150K they are going to be priced too high and will be competing against manufacturers with better badges, better dealer networks, and arguably better cars. I just don't think that's the right move to make.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts