The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'm still looking for a Lotus seat that fits me, as I slide laterally in my leather Exige seat. I've sat in a Tillet B5 seat and it was slightly better but still too wide. The Sparco EVO [not L or XL] fits me perfectly, but seriously doubt it can be shoehorned into the Lotus.

It's probably worth asking Technocraft for their definition of "normal torso". From the pictures it looks like this seat is kinda flat and wide. :(
OT: you can fit almost anything in the car really...just takes time and work

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/new-sparco2000-seats-32202/

and Larry see what I mean, the passenger seat might not fit

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I am looking for CF seat that can be mounted on the stock rail like Reverie's XC seat but it is too narrow.

This T3 seems very good but the side support is ......:huh:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
yowee...do I call you or Technocraft to get them? I am wanting to change out my passenger seat but don't know if it will fit. The wings on my Sparco Pro2000 go out pretty far on the right side into the passenger seat. If they are local maybe I'll swing by for a measurement. Thanks for posting these look great.
Call Technocraft at 562-801-6213 with any questions or to order seats. :up:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Diverse, quality mods are welcome, but addictive. This is very interesting. I believe these seats would be needed to install that 6 point harness for the track.

I wonder how much it would be to have the seat padding match my biscuit interior.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm missing the point, obviously. What deficiency in the stock sport seats do these cure?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I'm missing the point, obviously. What deficiency in the stock sport seats do these cure?
If these have a cutout for the 5th point, you gain that, too.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Here are some pictures of Lotus cars with other Tecnocraft tasty carbon-fiber bits.

The white Lotus is a Specialty Car Craft customer's car.

Tecnocraft parts fit perfectly and really look great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I've seen that white car at Rising Star Motorsports, looks really nice. I like the TWRD GT-Lip + the APR splitter instead of the TWRD splitter

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
These seats are a great product.

I hope alot of Lotus owners realize that they now have an easy way to drop in new, comfortable seats.

·
Registered
316 Posts
At least you don't dispute the fact that they're a copy. Furthermore, they cribbed all the stuff about their manufacturing processes and forming of the seating surface from information sent to them about the Tillett process. Their T1 page used to read 'Made using Tecnocraft/Tillett Hybrid Manufacturing Technology' until they were asked to take it down because they were misleading customers.

Here's the real deal:

Tillett USA | The World's Finest Composite Seats

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Smitty- I really like the Tillett seats:up: Just curious, I thought the Techno seats were about a 6lb seat where the Tillett is a 15lb seat... If that's right, isn't tillett using a different process of construction? If so, I presume it's the shape of the T3 that you're saying is copied?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
great looking seats. doesnt seem to have as deep of side bolsters as stock though.

very interested in the cf hatch.
+1 seems very flat, but pretty. like kate moss before all the drugs.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The white exige looks awesome. I'm not a fan of white cars, but a white exige has enough black trim to look fantastic IMHO.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
+1 seems very flat, but pretty. like kate moss before all the drugs.
If they're truly a copy of the B5s, then they have a lot more lateral support than the Exige/Elise seats. I thought the B5s looked "flat" as well in the pics-- then I sat in one. They're no Recaro Profi (nor are they trying to be), but a ton better than stock and would be a nice improvement on the track or AX...

I honestly didn't realize Smitty was still in the game or I would have purchased some B5s a while ago... At least on one of our cars, that ship has sailed, however:eek:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Let's back up: When they started buying B1s, they couldn't believe that each seat took three days to make. They marketed the hell out of the seats and collected lots of up-front front money from potential customers. When they were told the seats couldn't be made any faster, they begged to be sent the molds so they could be made on site in SoCal. Doing so would have given them the keys to castle, so to speak, and each request was rebuffed.

They then made a mold of a B1, called it the 'T2' and proffered all sorts of nonsensical claims with respect to manufacturing processes and weight. Looking at photographs of their seats refute their weight claims and 'expert' manufacturing processes.

Look at the holes for the shoulder belt cutouts:

Notice how thick the composite is. That is an area where the seating surface and seat back meet. With two halves making a whole that thick, there is no way those seats weigh as little as advertised. Additionally, they do not have the manufacturing capability to produce parts that come from the mold with a glossy surface as shown on their seats. They are coated with a lacquer that adds weight. The problem comes with the fact that the finish is prone to scratching whereas an epoxy or polyester resins are not as susceptible to that.

Additionally, the weights they claim are for bare seats. The funny part about that is that very few people buy bare seats. The upholstery can add two to three kilos to the weight. When a customer is delivered a seat heavier than advertised, it's blamed on the upholstery. The figure you quote for the B5 is a fully-upholstered seat.

Until you see those seats weighed by someone who has no dog in the fight, don't believe the hype.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Tecnocraft is a first-rate company that makes really fine products.

They are very professional.

I have seen these seats and tried them out and they are amazing.

If you are ready for new seats for your Lotus, give these a try. :D

If you have any questions about these seats, please call Tan over at Tecnocraft rather than post or read comments here that may or may not be factual. :up:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts