The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tecnocraft is a first-rate company that makes really fine products.

They are very professional.

I have seen these seats and tried them out and they are amazing.

If you are ready for new seats for your Lotus, give these a try. :D

If you have any questions about these seats, please call Tan over at Tecnocraft rather than post or read comments here that may or may not be factual. :up:
I take great umbrage with that. I wrote the facts and I can fully support them. I can provide all the emails from Tecnocraft to support every statement I made as well as every invoice they paid for the seats they subsequently knocked off.

They have nothing to support themselves except pretty images and your cheerleading.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I take great umbrage with that. I wrote the facts and I can fully support them. I can provide all the emails from Tecnocraft to support every statement I made as well as every invoice they paid for the seats they subsequently knocked off.

They have nothing to support themselves except pretty images and your cheerleading.
So talk to Tecnocraft. Tell us what they tell you.

It is very mean of you to attack a company and post it here.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have talked to them and the story they gave me is very different than the one they gave you, else I suspect you wouldn't be so smitten with them.

It's actually pretty amusing that you brand my offering of the truth and evidence as 'mean' when they have obviously infringed on someone else's design. They even stole the naming convention. How that is not patently evident to you escapes me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight....but this sounds a lot like another thread where someone was saying "SCC did this", and rather than address the problem directly, all we saw was statements about how great SCC is. Now, we have a vendor saying that a related company, and someone from SCC could very simply deny the claim, but rather than deny it, they are talking about how great the product is. If Smitty is wrong, call him on it. If he's right....that's pretty shady. Either way, don't sideskirt the issue.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
You aren't wrong, Savet.

But, I posted a thread about a great new product by a professional vendor. That's about it. I know this vendor really well, and I've been to their shop. They love Lotus cars so they came up with some really nice seats for them.

Someone apparently had a problem with this vendor and chose to write about it in this thread. I don't know this guy at all, and I don't know the issue.

I think that if someone has a problem with a vendor they should call them on the phone. They will probably get the matter resolved to their satisfaction.

It is so easy to bash a company on the web. Anyone can post anything almost anywhere and attack that company. Who knows what is true? No matter what, that company is going to get hurt. I don't think that's fair.

No side skirting.....I think that he should call the company and work it out with them.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
In the past, LARRY has been a cheerleader for SCC despite blatant holes in their "customer service" because he has a personal relationship and vested interest in the shop.

Is there really any surprise that despite some pretty bold and strong claims of these seats being a copy of another company's design, LARRY is still blindly cheerleading for Tecnocraft?

Because LARRY knows the vendor very well, that alone diminishes his credibility and splashes a lot of bias on the subject. Tecnocraft could be selling a seat that says "Tillet" on the headrest and LARRY would still be spouting off about how great the product is, avoiding the touchy subject altogether.

I'm not in the market for a seat, but Smitty raises a valid point about how truly 'innovative' these seats from Tecnocraft really are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know the owner of Tecnocraft, and I can assure you the man would not beg for his own life should the situation arise, let alone beg to have a mold of a seat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Larry, I'll break this down into bite-sized pieces for you:

I know this vendor really well, and I've been to their shop. They love Lotus cars so they came up with some really nice seats for them.
You don't know them that well if you think "they love Lotus cars." How many does Sophead have? What does he drive? They didn't know the market existed until I told them. They asked me about getting into and I told them they'd have to step up their game because their wet-lay stuff is heavier than the parts they want to replace.

Someone apparently had a problem with this vendor and chose to write about it in this thread. I don't know this guy at all, and I don't know the issue.

I think that if someone has a problem with a vendor they should call them on the phone. They will probably get the matter resolved to their satisfaction.

-out of order-

No side skirting.....I think that he should call the company and work it out with them.
Are you really that dense? Who is telling you that a resolution is possible? The world doesn't always work that way. How do you suspect the conversation will advance from where it is?

"Hey, you're still knocking off my seats."
"Yeah, I am."
"Stop."
"Okay."

Do you really think it's that easy? If so, I have some beachfront property in Montana I'd like to sell you.

It is so easy to bash a company on the web. Anyone can post anything almost anywhere and attack that company. Who knows what is true? No matter what, that company is going to get hurt. I don't think that's fair.
Now you're being willfully ignorant. I have offered everything to support my veracity yet you pretend I haven't. I am an open book. What happened when you tattled to Tan and Sophead about me calling them out? Did they offer you evidence or did they say, 'Gee, we don't know why he'd say such things'?

Evidence is what I offer. You and your allies offer nothing but empty words.

Thanks, Chris.

For someone who doesn't know me at all, you sure know how to be arrogant and mean.
Are you a ten year-old girl? If you can't hold your ground when it comes to the topic at hand, your comments devolve into nothing more than 'Oh, you're so mean!' I'm shocked that's how an adult responds. You created the topic: Now deal with the facts and not your feelings.

I know the owner of Tecnocraft, and I can assure you the man would not beg for his own life should the situation arise, let alone beg to have a mold of a seat.
Yeah, right.

If I buy carbon fiber seats, will I instantly become a complete douche, or does it happen slowly over time?
That depends upon the path you choose. If you buy some and make copies, you will slowly become a douche as it will take a matter of days to make inferior molds. If you have a 'friend' who bought some, knocked them off and you blindly evangelize their copies, you will instantly become a douche.

If you buy some and enjoy them, you will be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Looking at photographs of their seats refute their weight claims and 'expert' manufacturing processes."

How can you determine the weight of a seat by looking at a picture?

Have you been to their shop to see the process of how these seats are manufacture or the quality of a the Tecnocraft molds for the T2 and T3?

Because I saw the actual Exige OEM seats they were utilizing to make the T3, I did not see a B5.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tan, when are you planning to confess that you're a Tecnocraft employee?

I've held your knock-offs and the quality is laughable. The 'T2' and 'T3' (I still can't believe that you guys ripped off the naming convention. Now that's hubris) will soon be on a university's test sled and the results will be out there for all to see. I can't wait to see you defend the manufacturing process when video of them fracturing is on YouTube.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Smitty, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

I truly didn't mean to say you are mistaken in any way, and I didn't mean to get you upset.

I hope you and Tecnocraft work this out.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Smitty- I really like the Tillett seats:up: Just curious, I thought the Techno seats were about a 6lb seat where the Tillett is a 15lb seat... If that's right, isn't tillett using a different process of construction? If so, I presume it's the shape of the T3 that you're saying is copied?
Phil, the Tillets (which I have and love) are CF over fiberglass. That's the difference in weight and price.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Phil, the Tillets (which I have and love) are CF over fiberglass. That's the difference in weight and price.
That makes sense... I love the b5s as well. Wish I owned a set. The t3s aren't bad either-- the t3s are more comfortable while the b5s are more supportive in comparison. They're both heads and shoulders better than OE...

Ronnie- when are you next in the area? I owe you dinner:up:

Later,

Phil

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Ronnie- when are you next in the area? I owe you dinner:up:
No plans to head to Kansas for a while. Will I see you at LOG?

I agree about the B5's. Maybe it's me, but they fit so well that when I get out I hear a sucking sound.rotfl

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
No plans to head to Kansas for a while. Will I see you at LOG?

I agree about the B5's. Maybe it's me, but they fit so well that when I get out I hear a sucking sound.rotfl
Ha- When I sit in the b5 it literally makes a sucking sound when getting out- so it's not just you!:) You won't get that with the T3-- at all.

I've got a family wedding in Chi-town on 10/15. I've been trying to convince the family to reschedule the nuptials, but haven't made much progress. These people are just selfish!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Ha- When I sit in the b5 it literally makes a sucking sound when getting out- so it's not just you!:) You won't get that with the T3-- at all.

I've got a family wedding in Chi-town on 10/15. I've been trying to convince the family to reschedule the nuptials, but haven't made much progress. These people are just selfish!
I hate selfish people.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts