The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I'm sure it's a good time to take a share of the burgeoning Porsche Cayenne and Panamara markets... with added lightness. :facepalm

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Lotus has fixed the suspension on a bus before.

I can see Lotus doing a SUV. The high end SUV craze seems to be waining. Lotus always seems to be on the backside of the trend curve.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
They should just go ahead and make this the first autonomously operated Lotus. Riders could just sit back and enjoy that great "sporty handling" while they read a book.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Lotus has fixed the suspension on a bus before.

I can see Lotus doing a SUV. The high end SUV craze seems to be waining. Lotus always seems to be on the backside of the trend curve.
I thought the SUV thing was waning too, but from most of what I've been reading, the SUV crazy is growing, at least in the ROW and is not slowing down. China and the Middle East are driving it. It's still growing in Europe too but not as fast as it was. Most manufacturers are going heavily into the market so I don't think Lotus missed the boat - provided the car isn't three- four years in the making;)

Remember the Cayenne saved Porsche and with the Panamera and Cajun, sports cars are small percentage of their production. While I don't see (or want) Lotus building tens of thousands of cars a year, I've no problem with a Lotus SUV or sedan that ensures it's security and it has the cash to produce the best handling sports cars in the world and make them available everywhere. And I'd love a Lotus DD, so barring it being stupidly priced, they'll have sold another car to me.

How many on here want a V6 Exige in the US? If Lotus has a successful 'mainstream' market then they can afford to make our dreams come true;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
IF this is true, I'm first in line. I would pay up NO PROBLEM for a Lotus sedan or Crossover, as long as it's 4WD and it drives/handles with some SEMBLANCE of a Lotus. I'm completely in, I've been waiting for this. USe the ubiquitous V6 (supercharged) and the auto tranny in the Evora (made for the diesel pickup, wasn't it?) and you have a winner.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
High-end SUV's are waning? Tell that to Bentley, Maserati, Lamborghini, and Land Rover. LR already introduced an executive-series stretched Range Rover, and the others are bringing out ultra-expensive SUVs (re-introducing in the case of Lamborghini, I guess, given the LM002). A radio report says Volvo is looking at this, with some type of V90 that will sell for $160k, targeted initially at the Chinese market. The executive version of the Panamera suggests a stretched Cayenne can't be too far behind. If you already own 3 or 4 homes, a yacht, and don't fly commercial, you're not really worried about the price of gas, and you buy a hybrid because it makes you feel good, not because you're saving the planet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts