The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone driven or picked up the new M3 coupe or sedan? I noticed that they are both out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No but they look fantastic in person. I saw 2 of them yesterday (coupe and sedan) at Global Imports in Atlanta. The salesperson said they were available and not spoken for which surprised me. I figured there would have been quite a waiting list with such an anticipated model change. Eagerly awaiting the SMG-ish dual-clutch transmission, I can't handle a manual daily driver with Atlanta traffic.

·
Banned
839 Posts
I don't think they will be historically regarded as the e46's are.. I think the e46 is more agressive and a more efficient track car..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Getting 384hp and 400+ lb/ft in the 335 (and hopefully the 135) with Dinan's simple (though expensive) reflash makes you wonder if the new M3 is really worth the extra 20k.

but yea, I still like the sound of the M3's V8 - it looks good in person too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There are couple of people who drove new M3 coupe in S2K forum. You can easily find threads about their test drives in car talk section.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,045 Posts
Did you see the article in car and driver about the container ship transporting a load of 2008M3's? Apparantley, the ship listed severly, due to high seas, causing its US bound freight of M3's to be damaged beyond repair.
The article said between 200-300 m3's were totaled. The rest will be repaired.

Advice: To all you prospective M3 buyers... ask about this hiccup before you put your money down.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I don't think they will be historically regarded as the e46's are.. I think the e46 is more agressive and a more efficient track car..
exactly why I'm asking, I loved my e46 m3. Just curious about the new all beef patty. Stallion - yeah I was at tonic. plus I'm not buying the wifey a damn Vantage for a DD until the fall. She'll have to take an S5 or one of these

·
Registered
664 Posts
We saw one on Auto-x in NJ yesterday. Nice white with red interior. Looks OK, but nothing to give left nut for.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Has anybody else seen the 20k-30k Dealer MArket adjustment?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
So how much bigger, and heavier, and more automatic is it?

(I'm not a BMW hater, I've had outstanding luck with one myself and have always liked the M3's. I just dislike the trend that as model goes in it seems to grow continually more bloated. lol who would think women and cars would have so much in common)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Has anybody else seen the 20k-30k Dealer MArket adjustment?

rotfl

I guess the dealer can ask whatever they want, but the sad thing is there will be some moron who will actually pay it. $100k = not even close to worth it. I'd take the Lexus IS-F at 40% less.

·
Banned
839 Posts
exactly why I'm asking, I loved my e46 m3. Just curious about the new all beef patty. Stallion - yeah I was at tonic. plus I'm not buying the wifey a damn Vantage for a DD until the fall. She'll have to take an S5 or one of these
hahah,

the v8 vantage?! I'm seriously considering that car.. what a gorgeous beast it is..

at 31 though I dunno.. still a little too young to drive a vantage?? probably..

tonic.. what nights do you go? isn't it chalk full of youngsters? like most of manayunk.. I would like Dericks would be the only place to chill..

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
So how much bigger, and heavier, and more automatic is it?

(I'm not a BMW hater, I've had outstanding luck with one myself and have always liked the M3's. I just dislike the trend that as model goes in it seems to grow continually more bloated. lol who would think women and cars would have so much in common)

You'll be pleased to know that this M3 only weighs a little more than 100 lbs more than the last.

Also is a much better over-all performer :p Looks cooler, too!

·
Registered
657 Posts
You got to love CA! But you know if someone is willing to pay that...No reason for the dealer not to try. You have to be a die hard BMW since at that price there are few worthy competitors.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My dealer got one and I drove it last week. It feels way more piggy than the E46 and not as raw. My vote is for the E46.
It's funny I remember reading this same thing when the E46 came out and people thought it was porky and liked the E36 more :).

BTW that $30k markup is ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts