The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some folks might recognize me from other forums, I recognized a few names on here...

Anyway, I'm contemplating an Elise for Autocross, in A-street. Might be a competitive class for the car but not sure, plus its a car that won't depreciate like a brick in case it doesn't work out.

Previously ran a few different cars for Autox... BRZ, Impreza (n/a), MK7 GTI, Chevy SS, currently an STI Type-RA. Want to get back in something small and light but fun, leaning between this and a used MK3 Audi TT (could be an underdog car for DS and STH classes).

Any advise for shopping for an Autox specific Elise? I won't be towing it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
No advise here, but just posting to say I picked up a 2005 Elise with track pack/touring that I plan to run in AStreet. Hope to have fun and be quick!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No advise here, but just posting to say I picked up a 2005 Elise with track pack/touring that I plan to run in AStreet. Hope to have fun and be quick!
I saw some of your posts. Let me know how you do against the vettes in your area!

We have a pretty hearty AS class up here in the Sacramento SCCA region, lots of veteran drivers. I'm really curious how the Elise would stack up against them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I saw some of your posts. Let me know how you do against the vettes in your area!

We have a pretty hearty AS class up here in the Sacramento SCCA region, lots of veteran drivers. I'm really curious how the Elise would stack up against them.
Well, I got frustrated that the SCCA decided the Solstice GXP Coupe belonged right there in AS where it's been. So I wanted something different (Ask Randy Chase about our TVR/MR2 battles before he started down the Lotus road..lol)
Cue a comment Randy made about the Elise being competitive in AS and here I am.... Ran like this today in the Solstice. :smile2:

With the Elise .7 seconds faster than the Solstice to 60 and 900 pounds lighter, I hope to do better!

With the bit I've driven of mine and talking with Randy I get the feeling it will be a harder car to drive fast, and somewhat course dependant, but if all is well can be pretty quick!

Bill

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts