The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-

There are not a lot of Lotus owners in my city of Ottawa so I thought I would say hi to the forum at large.

Having sold my vintage Kawasaki road racers (H1R and H2R for those that know them) and recently selling my 03 Audi RS6 I have been searching for a car that would satisfy me on the track and the street.

A quick search and I found a Kawasaki green (go figure) Elise almost ready to get down to business. I look forward to meeting my fellow Lotus enthusiasts from the region.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is your car the one advertised recently in the Uk, based in Scotland?
If so, I remember the seller never mentioned who did the install, which along with the location probably slowed the sale… glad someone when to see it in the flesh & was happy what they saw / drove. Congratulations!

From the engine bay pictures, its not a MSC or EA install, so did you find out who did it? SNS? Scratch build DIY?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. My original intent was to find an S1 in reasonable condition and do the Honda conversion, so this sale was a best fit given all of the other upgrades and performance goodies already in the car.

Yes the car was for sale in Scotland and that green will not be everyone's fav but I like it for now. Very in your face especially when my last 3 cars have been black on black. I like the colour of your lotus!

The conversion was apparently a link up kit and the work was completed at a known outfit that escapes my memory right now; I think it was acquired by Maidenstone. I'll check my notes when all of the original work orders arrive in the mail from the seller.

The car is at Matthew Bentley Racing (I highly recommend him) where Matt gave the car a thumbs up albeit with recommended work to be performed to make the car handle and stop better when on the track. He is doing the LHD conversion. I think it will be the first Honda S1 in Canada when it arrives on the ferry.

I really enjoy the styling of the Elise and for the life of me I could not figure out where I had seen styling like it before and then I came across images of the 70s Ferrari Dino 246 and it clicked. Does anyone know if Lotus has mentioned cars that specifically influenced them when penning the Elise designs? I am new to the brand so forgive me if I am asking a question that is common knowledge amongst the Lotus cognoscenti.

Again thanks for the welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts