The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

In the process of buying a Lotus Elise as dedicated track toy. I've been enjoying track days for 2 years now and realized that I needed a proper car to push things further.
Influenced by a friend who races with SCCA, I started to rent spec Miatas and learn to take corners. The choice of momentum cars became the obvious way to learn to go fast, I was hooked!
I've been looking for a car for a while now, always loved the Elise story and finally found the perfect match.

Its a S2 from 2005, ran in Lotus Cup production series here in California, so comes with Yokohamas, roll cage, suspensions, brakes, and other typical performance parts.
I'll be the 3rd owner, the car is very clean and has been well taken car of. I just need to add a good racing seat + harness, which is on the way already. I'll be towing it to the local tracks (Laguna / Sonoma / Thunderhill), hopefully I'll see some of you there.

I'm excited to join the community, meet other members and to learn a bit of mechanic to do some maintenance. I'm a newbie so there will be a lot of learning for sure.
I'll be picking up the car just before the week end, the wait is killing me ? Couple pictures from the seller in the meantime :

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Mountain View and I track my 07 Exige S often. I'll be looking out for you!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the car last week, replaced the driver's seat for a Tillett B6 Screamer + 6 pt harness and headed straight to Laguna Seca for testing it!
Next is to learn to replace break fluid & pads!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts