The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I purchased a new Evora GT back in February of this year and thanks to COVID-19, it will finally be delivered at the end of August. I'm looking forward to really enjoying this car and making a few modifications over time to make it even more unique. Upset that Technocraft went out of business as I wanted their louvered sail panel. Oh well. Fun times ahead.

Q

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome! while we wait for pics can you at least tell us the options you got for your GT?!?!
Sure. Pretty much all options except for the titanium exhaust. That was a bit excessive in my opinion. Liquid yellow paint with red striped seats, red interior color pack, red cat scratches and red callipers. Diamond cut forged wheels. Subwoofer. Body color mirror caps. I am also having the dealership install carbon fiber a-pilars, front vent louvers, wheel relief vents, and sail panel. I'll add more mods over time as I like to be unique, but I also want to drive the car with stock power for a while before making any power upgrades. Suspension is optional as I've heard that the stock lotus suspension is already phenomenal. We will see.

I've been in the car scene for almost 30 years and started my car club back in 1998. Car shows and races (Legal) are my kind of fun. Currently have one race car, one show car, and a daily driver. Wondering where the Evora GT will fit in.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Welcome to the Lotus World!!!

Where about in California? There's so many great roads and a huge Lotus community in the Golden State. So, be sure to check out the Golden Gate Lotus Club in NorCal, Lotus Club of SoCal or San Diego Lotus Club.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

P.S. Be sure to post some photos when your car arrives!

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Lotus World!!!

Where about in California? There's so many great roads and a huge Lotus community in the Golden State. So, be sure to check out the Golden Gate Lotus Club in NorCal, Lotus Club of SoCal or San Diego Lotus Club.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

P.S. Be sure to post some photos when your car arrives!
I'm in Irvine. So cal. And I'm already a member of the San Diego Sky/Solstice club so I'll check out the SD Lotus Club when my GT finally arrives.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm in Irvine. So cal. And I'm already a member of the San Diego Sky/Solstice club so I'll check out the SD Lotus Club when my GT finally arrives.

Thanks for the info.
Welcome to Lotus ownership! I too have a Kappa in So Cal.. and basically a member of San Diego group too. Maybe we met on a drive or two.. I have a silver GXP coupe... and included a pic where I took my Nightfall Blue Elise to the top of Palomar with the Kappa group right before I sold it.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to Lotus ownership! I too have a Kappa in So Cal.. and basically a member of San Diego group too. Maybe we met on a drive or two.. I have a silver GXP coupe... and included a pic where I took my Nightfall Blue Elise to the top of Palomar with the Kappa group right before I sold it. View attachment 1267211
Awesome!!! It's possible that we have met before because I've gone on several runs with the group before I began extensive modifications on my Sky. Larger turbo and fully built engine. Work in progress.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Wait...when did Tecnocraft go out of business?!

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wait...when did Tecnocraft go out of business?!

Just a couple of months ago. I tried ordering the a frame and louvered sail panel and even reached a sales person. He said he would get back to me to see if there was any lotus items left in stock. Never got a call back. Website is blank. Even GRP tried contacting the with no luck.

If anyone has a louvered sail panel for sale, please contact me.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Just a couple of months ago. I tried ordering the a frame and louvered sail panel and even reached a sales person. He said he would get back to me to see if there was any lotus items left in stock. Never got a call back. Website is blank. Even GRP tried contacting the with no luck.

If anyone has a louvered sail panel for sale, please contact me.
Damn, I need to order the Exige hatch. Backed out of it last summer. I'll give it a shot.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Sent them an email a couple days ago for the Exige carbon hatch and no response yet. I'm going to call them. Goddamn it. Should have bought this last summer when I asked for the quote.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sent them an email a couple days ago for the Exige carbon hatch and no response yet. I'm going to call them. Goddamn it. Should have bought this last summer when I asked for the quote.
Let me know if you hear back from them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts