The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Jake and I am from Columbus, Ohio!

I do not currently own a Lotus but am searching for my next toy after selling my 1998 Pontiac Trans Am. My main goal in making the jump is to get into a car that is "Next Level". A few cars on my list include an Exige S, C7 Corvette Z06, and a Shelby GT350, amongst some others.

One thing that is making my decision difficult is the lack of Exige cars for sale around our region. I'm 6'4" 250lbs, so I need to make sure I fit in one first before deciding if I like how they drive.

Would anyone be willing to let me ride (or drive if you're feeling adventurous) their car to help sway my decision? I will obviously pay for your time in money or brews!

Thanks everyone! I look forward to my time on the forums and potentially joining the community!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Jake. Always good to know people in Columbus are looking for a Lotus. Sorry I'm a little slow to respond. I must have missed your post.

There actually is a pretty good sized Lotus crowd in the Columbus area. I have a 2008 Lotus Exige S240 that you are more than welcome to check out.

If you haven't checked it out yet, Columbus Cars and Coffee is a great way to see most likely all of the cars on your list. The final one for the season is next weekend --> http://www.columbuscarsandcoffee.com/schedule.html

I will probably try and see if I can get an other Lotus people to come out. I will post on here if I get a cruise together. Let me know if you have any Lotus questions and I am happy to try and answer them.

I also had a C5 Z06 and was a big fan of that car as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Jake and I am from Columbus, Ohio!

I do not currently own a Lotus but am searching for my next toy after selling my 1998 Pontiac Trans Am. My main goal in making the jump is to get into a car that is "Next Level". A few cars on my list include an Exige S, C7 Corvette Z06, and a Shelby GT350, amongst some others.

One thing that is making my decision difficult is the lack of Exige cars for sale around our region. I'm 6'4" 250lbs, so I need to make sure I fit in one first before deciding if I like how they drive.

Would anyone be willing to let me ride (or drive if you're feeling adventurous) their car to help sway my decision? I will obviously pay for your time in money or brews!

Thanks everyone! I look forward to my time on the forums and potentially joining the community!
My son is 6' 4" but nowhere near 250 pounds (he's only 18). It depends on where your height is located. My son is all legs and so has great difficulty getting in and out of my Elise with the top on. It's not a comfortable fit at all and he's only been in the car 2 times in 4 months as a result. If you have more normal length legs then it might work better for you. It's a very good idea to try on a Lotus for size before getting serious about buying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts