The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New member here I live in Denver and just picked up a 2005 Lotus Elise. The car has 10,500 miles. This is the replacement for the other 'Play' car.

The car looks to be in great condition and has been a blast to drive.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Welcome!
There are many events here in Denver so we hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! I was looking at purchasing that same car. I couldn't make it to Denver since I was out of state and it looks like you got it! Congrats! I hope it works out great. I ended up picking up a Blue one with a Katana supercharger. I am in the Springs if you are ever by.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. You've picked up the car at the right time of year to really enjoy it. If you have questions search the Forum or ask on here. Be safe out there. :shift:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Welcome aboard, and thanks for posting a new owner car photo! (LT rule #4):up:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome!

What part of Denver are you in? I'm often cruising around the Wash Park/Cherry Creek area when I'm not hitting up the canyons. I'll be sure to wave if you pass by!

:shift:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Now add a supercharger, so you will know what an NA Elise feels like at sea level ;)

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I'm up in Boulder and frequent the track in the summer. If you ever want to see what it's really capable of join for a track day. You'll be amazed.

Welcome to the group!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Welcome Bluefang08. When I joined I didn't know that you can find everything Lotus Talk on Google by typing:

Lotus Talk: xxxxxxxx x being what your searching for.

May the traffic be with you.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Komiko,
No amount of tuning will fix the fact his atmosphere at 1 mile of altitude is about 2.5 PSI less than sea-level. BTW, I live at about 5000 feet myself. You take about a 15 percent HP hit at a mile of altitude. On the plus side, so does everyone else, it is all reletive. (Okay, turbos take a bit less hit).

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome!
There are many events here in Denver so we hope to see you soon.
Is there a calendar for the events. I did find the LOCO website which has a few events I think would be fun.

Welcome! I was looking at purchasing that same car. I couldn't make it to Denver since I was out of state and it looks like you got it! Congrats! I hope it works out great. I ended up picking up a Blue one with a Katana supercharger. I am in the Springs if you are ever by.
Yeah I saw this one and jumped on it pretty quickly. This car was definitely on the (short list) of sports cars I wanted to purchase.

Welcome to the Forum. You've picked up the car at the right time of year to really enjoy it. If you have questions search the Forum or ask on here. Be safe out there. :shift:
Yeah looks like its a pretty active forum which is always nice.

Welcome

:UK:
Thanks!

Welcome aboard, and thanks for posting a new owner car photo! (LT rule #4):up:
I couldn't imagine not posting a picture of a new toy.

Welcome!

What part of Denver are you in? I'm often cruising around the Wash Park/Cherry Creek area when I'm not hitting up the canyons. I'll be sure to wave if you pass by!

:shift:
I live in the Southlands but work in the DTC. I am in the Cherry Creek area quite a bit.

Now add a supercharger, so you will know what an NA Elise feels like at sea level ;)
Yeah maybe one day. I need to get use to this car. It was a bit of an upgrade.

Welcome Bluefang08. When I joined I didn't know that you can find everything Lotus Talk on Google by typing:

Lotus Talk: xxxxxxxx x being what your searching for.

May the traffic be with you.
Good to note.

I'm up in Boulder and frequent the track in the summer. If you ever want to see what it's really capable of join for a track day. You'll be amazed.

Welcome to the group!
That sounds like a blast but I think I would want to go for a ride along or at least spectate for my first one. I have always wanted to do a track day just never really got around to it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is a picture of the OLD 'Play' car (yes I know its a bit of an upgrade)

Here is the Elise in her new home (along side the daily)

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
That sounds like a blast but I think I would want to go for a ride along or at least spectate for my first one. I have always wanted to do a track day just never really got around to it.
Audi Club is hosting an open lapping day this Saturday at HPR. I'm planning on being there to shake the cobwebs out. Now, where did I put my track checklist...
If you can make it this weekend and get a ride with Frank I'd say go for it - you're going to be floored when you see what these little cars are really capable of. As for bringing yours out don't be too worried about it - the risk really is very low, you and your car will be safe and you'll have a great time learning a ton. Definitely head out to a club event and get an instructor - nothing worse than being on track for the first time solo. An instructor will make the difference between an awful/terrifying day and a day you'll remember forever.

Warning - it's highly addictive...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If you can make it this weekend and get a ride with Frank I'd say go for it - you're going to be floored when you see what these little cars are really capable of. As for bringing yours out don't be too worried about it - the risk really is very low, you and your car will be safe and you'll have a great time learning a ton. Definitely head out to a club event and get an instructor - nothing worse than being on track for the first time solo. An instructor will make the difference between an awful/terrifying day and a day you'll remember forever.

Warning - it's highly addictive...
Yeah, what he ^ said.

To clarify, Saturday isn't an Audi Club day, but rather a general open track day (Audi Club is just offering a $20 rebate on open-lapping and providing lunch for its members, which ain't too shabby!). Lemme know if you want to come out and just kick some tires. We'll be out there a lot this year, so look forward to seeing you.

Have you joined the Lotus Colorado (LoCo) group yet?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, what he ^ said.

To clarify, Saturday isn't an Audi Club day, but rather a general open track day (Audi Club is just offering a $20 rebate on open-lapping and providing lunch for its members, which ain't too shabby!). Lemme know if you want to come out and just kick some tires. We'll be out there a lot this year, so look forward to seeing you.

Have you joined the Lotus Colorado (LoCo) group yet?
I have not. I did check out the website and did join the yahoo board which I got in contact with a Bob. It sounds like some of the meets would be fun to do.

Yeah I will have to check out whats going on this weekend. If I can I will try and make it out for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts