The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I've been lurking on here for 2 months now and finally decided to post since I've made my decision in buying a Lotus in the near future. I'm still trying to decide whether it will be an Elise or an Exige (trying to decide if I want to spend the extra $$).

I test drove an Elise for the first time last week and fell in love immediatley! AMAZING! I'm going to purchase a used one and I'm almost positive I want one in Aspen white. I may be waiting a while considering Atlanta is the only close area that has most of them for sale.

One weird question to start out...I searched and searched and couldn't find anyone who did this mod, but after drooling hours upon hours of pics I think the trim around the windshield would look a lot better color matched to the car...Has anyone seen this done???

Anyways, here's my current ride that I guess is officially on the market since I'll use it for a down payment. 1997 528i with mods galore.

I'll be posting more once I finally purchase, until then I'll be lurking again:cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! It might look good with an all white windshield trim. Anyone want to Photoshop it? You can use pics of my car ;)
I'm not the greatest at photoshop, but here is a members Elise I did with the windsheild trim painted white (sorry to who's ride it is if you're offended)...

I think it looks and flows much better...I don't understand why Loutus doesn't paint them from the factory:confused: It especially looks better when the top is off in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
awesome!

a local... i believe the aspen white is the sexiest color ever. i hope to one day purchase one as well.

my current rides are not as appealing as a BMW, but they are nice. haha

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet..what part of Nashville are you in? It's really hard to find and Aspen White so I might be waiting a while:( Hopefully one will pop up for sell in the ATL area soon for the right price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am actually in the Murfreesboro/Antioch area. You?

The AW is my favorite, but if I could not get it, I would settle for something else. You can not go wrong on any color.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am actually in the Murfreesboro/Antioch area. You?
I'm in Brentwood, but I lived in Murfreesboro for 4 years. I went to college at MTSU.

The AW is my favorite, but if I could not get it, I would settle for something else. You can not go wrong on any color
If I don't find an aspen white soon I my get BRG, can't go wrong with that color either.

Welcome!
If you like the white, this special edition Exige is the only way to go! :)
rotfl That's hilarious! Is that supposed to be some snide reference to us living in TN? We're not all rednecks buddy, but I like your sense of humor:D

·
shay2nak
24,994 Posts
what up.

there's a photoshop on here that's a real old one. I did one on a CO elise. I think it was in 2005. LOL

·
Registered
856 Posts
:wave:
Welcome to the board. It will be nice to have another Lotus nearby. Aspen White is the definitely the best color but there are already two of us in Brentwood/Franklin. No More!! You will need to get stripes so we can tell our cars apart.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I'm in Brentwood, but I lived in Murfreesboro for 4 years. I went to college at MTSU.
Welcome. My car was bought in Murfreesboro. Does that count for anything?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you are great with MS paint tho :D

and welcome ;)
I actually did do that with photoshop, not ms paint. It's version 5.0 though. How do you change the color of certain things? I usually use the magic wand tool to highlight a certain section and then use the "replace color" or just a paint fill but on darker areas the magic wand will bleed into areas I don't want to change. What's the best way to do this?

:wave:
Welcome to the board. It will be nice to have another Lotus nearby. Aspen White is the definitely the best color but there are already two of us in Brentwood/Franklin. No More!! You will need to get stripes so we can tell our cars apart.

Ah man, already 2 aspen white's in Nashville??? There's only like 3 in the whole city...lol....I'm not really into the stripes but I'm sure I will do some things to seperate it somewhat (black RAC monolites, Larini SE sport exhasut, etc). I don't know...I still can't decide if I like the yellow, ardent red or British Racing Green as much as the white. I'm just a white car kind of guy. You've probably seen pics of my alpine white E39 on Bimmer Forums...I know I've seen your name on the Tennessee section before.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I know it's a big city, but do any of you happen to know a little blonde chic their named Jenny Lee. She is a friend of mine.

·
Registered
982 Posts
hi im actually down in clarksville maybe 40min from you im the only one locally here... i know memphis has one or two and im sure there are a few more floating around the nashville area

1 - 20 of 21 Posts