The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, lifelong car enthusiast and I have been drooling over an Elise or Esprit for the last 15-20 years. I've owned German cars and a track ready NA Miata. Now I'm seeing if now is the time to make a jump into a Lotus, but get an Evora 400.

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Philly often.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,369 Posts
WELCOME.

I read your Evora questions in your other Topic.

I suggest signing up at LotusPALS, the local Lotus club. There are plenty of local owners there who could suggest local service shops. Perhaps even let you drive a 'sorted' Evora so that you can make your own comparisons.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip. Seeing a sorted Evora will definitely help me tell what is a normal quirk and what is an actual issue. I was reading around the forums and it sounds like Ziegler Exotic Cars / Possum Hollow Motorsports is a good local shop to me. If only there was a good shop near where this car is located.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,369 Posts
If only there was a good shop near where this car is located.
"Nearby Shop" for a Lotus owner is a relative term. o_O :p I know that Ziegler is a popular place.

Esprit and M100 owners from all over the east coast bring their cars to RS Motorsports in Closter, NJ, just as an example. :love: And RS is a factory-authorized shop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Seeing a sorted Evora will definitely help me tell what is a normal quirk and what is an actual issue. I was reading around the forums and it sounds like Ziegler Exotic Cars / Possum Hollow Motorsports is a good local shop to me. If only there was a good shop near where this car is located.
I'm in Philly as well.

Frank and team at Ziegler are great! I've also had great luck with Tim over at Victory Subaru/Lotus. They have a few Evoras up there worth checking out.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
203 Posts
Hey guys I’m nearby too. If you all ever want to meet up half way to drive a route let me know!!! I’m in pocono area!! Maybe we could meet up and five down to DE or NJ to pick up Atwell!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have one in that color with stripes. That's @spikeisgr8 ..cool guy. We did a little run in each other's cars down Kelly/Lincoln a little bit ago.

Hopefully you pick up that Evora and we can do a little group run/outing

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one in that color with stripes. That's @spikeisgr8 ..cool guy. We did a little run in each other's cars down Kelly/Lincoln a little bit ago.

Hopefully you pick up that Evora and we can do a little group run/outing
Ah ok. Another new member here, and friend of mine, @Schaiblistic took that pic. I have given him the Evora bug so maybe we can make an even larger group run.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ah ok. Another new member here, and friend of mine, @Schaiblistic took that pic. I have given him the Evora bug so maybe we can make an even larger group run.
That would be great. I'm sure there are others too. Some fun roads up in Bucks county, but really the best I've found in the northeast are up in Bear Mountain, NY. About 1.5hr drive from Philly--well worth it though.

·
Registered
2005 ForcedFed Lotus Elise
157 Posts
I'm down for a meet up. This summer was too damn hot. Ready for the fall weather (my favorite driving weather).

Yep. That's me!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
203 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ah I see that now. 4 hours from me unfortunately so probably will skip. Have a PCA track weekend the week after so I'll get my fix haha. Looks like a great route though (just found it)
Where are you located?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts