The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Evora
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my name is Ed, I am based in Colorado Springs, CO. Long story short my buddy on here, @Carter20 showed me his car and next thing you know it he found a guy @Flight1 selling his car on here. Made some text messages and a new friend along the way and picked up a car in pretty awesome shape, this car interior and exterior was in awesome shape couldn't thank him and the previous owners enough for taking well care of the car.

Not planning on doing anything major to the car just minor improvements and enjoying the car on cruises and the moments.

So far I have replaced the head unit with an updated Alpine unit so I could have my car play and bluetooth work properly. Replaced the cabin air filter as that was needed. Removed the entire hood clear bra to clean up the front, replaced the front Lotus emblem. Installed license plate Led lights.

To be installed I ordered the quick charger ctek connect from HethelSport just waiting on time to install it. Side scoops from GRP, which btw came with no mounting products so for the price kinda of disappointed but the product is good. Also ordered a front splitter just waiting for it to arrive. Both these companies I have ordered from have outstanding customer service and I am actually blown away that they are top notch compared to other companies I have worked with.

Currently I am dealing with a battery drainage issue. I know the alarm is not sounding so I think the horn system might be the culprit, I did check the fuses and reset the system, pulled the alarm horn and tested the voltage on the wires. Next step probably be ordering the alarm horn. I did remove the alarm horn harness and will leave it disconnected for a couple days to see if that is the under lying issue.

Also the sub woofer is intermittent, any ideas or things to check? Maybe a loose ground or wires on the amp or sub?

Hood Vents, easy to remove and repaint/replace?

Also some times the driver door has locked me in sorta speak where the unlock button doesn't open the driver door but I can manually lift the knob thing, does this mean the door actuator is going out but the dash shows closed door still?

I have learned a lot on here from reading the forums and a few members that have YouTube channels. I get to work on mine and help anyone out along the way. Looking forward to learning more and meeting new people.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting White Hood
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille Hood

Font Gas Rectangle Asphalt Flooring

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Welcome to LT Ed! Lotus are very sensitive to battery condition and grounds. Since you just got the car it might not hurt to get a load test done. It's free at most auto parts store and check your grounding paths.
Same for the fob batteries replace and resync if necessary.
Be sure to check out the Evora forum lots of good info and tips!

Reactions: edolsen86

·
Premium Member
2010 Exige 260 Sport, 1979 Eclat, 1969 Type 61 Formula Ford
98 Posts
Welcome! I'm here in the Springs as well.

Reactions: edolsen86

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Welcome, you are right, most of the problems on sub woofers are usually related to the ground wire, either bad wire/connection or bad resistor on the ground wire, nice looking car!

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Evora
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Evora, I'm also Springs based. Hope it's just the battery or one of the points above. Maybe also clean the alternator connections and check that too.

If you haven't done it yet, join Lotus Colorado (LoCo), it's the regional group that plans various get togethers amongst Lotus owners.
I am on the facebook page but I noticed that on the web page it was a membership, don't really want to pay to be apart of a group when I can just go enjoy the rides.

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Evora
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to LT Ed! Lotus are very sensitive to battery condition and grounds. Since you just got the car it might not hurt to get a load test done. It's free at most auto parts store and check your grounding paths.
Same for the fob batteries replace and resync if necessary.
Be sure to check out the Evora forum lots of good info and tips!
Ended up disconnecting the alarm siren under the front bumper and haven't have had any issues, I did find out the battery wasn't vented properly removing it all to install the quick charger from Hethelsport. But I am glad it was a pretty simple fix. I might buy a new siren if I can easily find one, only the big dealerships seem the place to buy it.

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Ended up disconnecting the alarm siren under the front bumper and haven't have had any issues, I did find out the battery wasn't vented properly removing it all to install the quick charger from Hethelsport. But I am glad it was a pretty simple fix. I might buy a new siren if I can easily find one, only the big dealerships seem the place to buy it.
Lotusparts.com, lotuspartsonline.com are two of the vendors here on LT. Go to the site enter car data and you have parts book and prices right there. Only thing lacking is telling if they have in stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts