The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I discovered Lotus back in 2005 when the Elise arrived in the States and have desired one ever since. I'm finally in a position that ownership is possible, so I had my first test drive last weekend. While I didn't get to do any spirited driving, the drive convinced me that I definitely want one. So here I am, saving my money, joining the forum, educating myself with the hopes of obtaining a well maintained, stock Elise in the late spring or early summer. So hello everyone and thanks for all the very informative posts, I have a lot of reading to do! :)

L

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
760 Posts
Welcome. My Elise ownership experience is similar to yours, except that I had wanted one since the car was first introduced in the 1990s. I finally got my Saffron Yellow '05 last year and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a really nice, low milage Elise on BaT right now: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-lotus-elise-60/
Very nice, thank you for sharing. I'm still in the processing of saving up money so unfortunately I won't be able to get one for several months. I keep watching wirewheel.com, they seem to have a good reputation and a nice selection. Also, I will have to acquire financing once I have a good down payment saved, so I'm uncertain if I can buy one from a private seller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts