The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just got my first Lotus registered, inspected, and road legal today. Nice drive through Boston suburbs of Waltham, Belmont and Lexington what a hoot. Great weather so no top, pushed to redline only once, in 3rd after 45 mins to be sure everything was warm, crazy throttle happy and the supercharger whine, yay! I've got the winter to clean up a few little things (soft top foam perished into yellow dust, replace original front tires, squeaking front suspension, missing bits like carpet hold down) but next summer is going to be a blast!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...oh, and if anyone has a line on an upholstery shop that I could send my soft top to for restoration, and my hardtop for sagging headliner (presumably similar plastic foam deterioration) that would be much appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Welcome to LT. I like the profile pic. Is that a stablemate? From AMNE?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on picking up a rare variant just in time to get some miles in before winter!

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
1,021 Posts
Hi everyone, just got my first Lotus registered, inspected, and road legal today. Nice drive through Boston suburbs of Waltham, Belmont and Lexington what a hoot. Great weather so no top, pushed to redline only once, in 3rd after 45 mins to be sure everything was warm, crazy throttle happy and the supercharger whine, yay! I've got the winter to clean up a few little things (soft top foam perished into yellow dust, replace original front tires, squeaking front suspension, missing bits like carpet hold down) but next summer is going to be a blast! View attachment 1302424
Welcome and enjoy your new car.There are a lot of us in this area. I know of 3 just in Sudbury.There is a English car show that we go to at the Lars Anderson auto museum in Brighton.Hope to see you there.
Enjoy Ed

Reactions: reeds

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome from one of those Sudburyites.

Travel a bit further west and you'll find some nice roads out in Harvard and environs. Less population and nice scenery.

This is one I hope to join next season:

I have a set of these and they are very nice quality:

Enjoy. Like to see more of these in the Bay State!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Welcome from a jealous opposing bidder! hahah Enjoy!

• Haha

·
Administrator
9,032 Posts
Welcome to LT! Congrats on getting your Elise!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
...oh, and if anyone has a line on an upholstery shop that I could send my soft top to for restoration, and my hardtop for sagging headliner (presumably similar plastic foam deterioration) that would be much appreciated :)
Welcome, I'm in the Newton area. There's an upholstery shop in Waltham next to what used to be the old lotus dealer. I think that dealer is now called the bond group. Linden street in Waltham. But that shop quoted me something like 350-400 to replace the headliner on my car. I ended up being cheap and did it myself with some fabric and adhesive. It was only like 50 bucks in supplies. Turned out ok, but not great. The edges were difficult.

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to LT. I like the profile pic. Is that a stablemate? From AMNE?
It's a car that I had for a couple of years in the '80s, my first "exotic": 1965 Aston Martin DB5 Vantage, chassis 1810/L, one of only 11 in LHD. Recently found it again, now fully restored and in Munich!

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome, I'm in the Newton area. There's an upholstery shop in Waltham next to what used to be the old lotus dealer. I think that dealer is now called the bond group. Linden street in Waltham. But that shop quoted me something like 350-400 to replace the headliner on my car. I ended up being cheap and did it myself with some fabric and adhesive. It was only like 50 bucks in supplies. Turned out ok, but not great. The edges were difficult.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from one of those Sudburyites.

Travel a bit further west and you'll find some nice roads out in Harvard and environs. Less population and nice scenery.

This is one I hope to join next season:

I have a set of these and they are very nice quality:

Enjoy. Like to see more of these in the Bay State!
Thanks for the links. From my house for a short run I really like Rte. 225 Bedford-Carlisle-Littleton, I'll try looping over to Harvard and back home through Sudbury & Lincoln!

·
Registered
08 Arctic Silver Elise SC
15 Posts
Hey Reeds, congrats on your SC! I just took home it’s slightly older twin on Friday. Hard to imagine there were two Arctic Silver SC’s sold in Mass in the same couple of weeks. My journey home wasn’t as sunny as yours though, had to keep the top on as I headed north into NH and hit some big fluffy snow flakes. But still got 200 miles in this weekend. This is my first Lotus too, so excited to finally have one in the garage. Gonna be a long winter up here waiting for some clear roads to enjoy!

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@artic(SC)ilver yay! can't imagine driving in the snow ;) congrats and we will def have to organize a spring meetup and drive-a-thon near Boston/NH

·
Registered
1960 AH Bugeye Sprite, 1959 AH 3000, 2008 Elise SC
48 Posts
I have a cousin to yours, 2008 Arctic Silver SC. I'm down in CT but always looking for an excuse to put on more miles.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
20 Posts
If you go through Harvard, you have to stop at the Abbey and give one of the brothers a ride. He used to auto race. He comes from a family of auto racers. He might be good at giving pointers...

·
Registered
2009 Lotus Elise SC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a cousin to yours, 2008 Arctic Silver SC. I'm down in CT but always looking for an excuse to put on more miles.
OK artic(SC)ilver and Bugeye Joe, I sense an Arctic Silver SC (and everyone else) New England drive taking shape for the Spring

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Reeds, congrats on your SC! I just took home it’s slightly older twin on Friday. Hard to imagine there were two Arctic Silver SC’s sold in Mass in the same couple of weeks. My journey home wasn’t as sunny as yours though, had to keep the top on as I headed north into NH and hit some big fluffy snow flakes. But still got 200 miles in this weekend. This is my first Lotus too, so excited to finally have one in the garage. Gonna be a long winter up here waiting for some clear roads to enjoy!
Welcome! What was it like driving the car through those low temps and some snow? I'm guessing you had all-seasons on it?

·
Registered
08 Arctic Silver Elise SC
15 Posts
Welcome! What was it like driving the car through those low temps and some snow? I'm guessing you had all-seasons on it?
kimolas, it does currently have All Seasons (gotta change that in the spring!), but luckily the roads were just warm enough that it didn't accumulate, pretty much melted on contact. So driving was no issue. But there was a stretch where my view was completely full of big fluffy flakes that were coming down as fast as the wiper could clear them out... felt like I was in a James Bond movie or something. Can't remember which one, but I can picture 007 piloting a British sports car through a blizzard in some remote location. Regardless, it was a very surreal experience for my first real drive in my first Lotus. And don't worry, I do plan to keep her out of the snow from now on!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts