The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in northern Virginia. I’m in the market for a 2008 Exige S240. I hope to be part of the Lotus family officially soon. I look forward to being part of this community.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Greetings and welcome! NoVA's a great area for Lotus! Large number of owners with a nice variety of cars.

I see this is your first post. For announcing you're looking, you might want to post something within the Cars Wanted section. Forums --> Marketplace --> Lotus Cars Wanted. Here's a direct link to it: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f177/

Cars for sale can be found within the Forums --> Marketplace --> Lotus Cars For Sale section. And here's a direct link to that: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/
There's actually an S240 that may still be available: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2008-exige-s240-20k-miles-ardent-red-453954/

And, once you get your car -- or even if you don't! -- we have a very nice Lotus club in the area, called NoVA Lotus. We have a "Get Your Lotus Out" event twice a year (with the next one coming up sometime in the Fall) along with a nice variety of additional gatherings throughout the year. Good people! Here's the website: Welcome | NoVA Lotus Club

Welcome again!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Welcome! Also in northern Virginia, old town Alexandria to be exact. Arctic silver 2008 s240 here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I’m still shopping but hope to find something soon. I plan on connecting with the NoVA Lotus Club once I’ve made a purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found my car and couldn’t be happier. I hope to connect with others in the area soon. I found the car in California and based of forum recommendations I used Reliable Carriers to transport the car. Andrew at Reliable Carriers was outstanding and was very helpful in working with me on the logistics for shipping the car. I highly recommend Reliable Carriers to anyone needing to transport their vehicle.
@oldmansan was very helpful in sharing his knowledge and experience which was tremendously helpful for me in the shopping and purchasing process.

Many on the forum have said that driving a Lotus has ruined the experience of driving any other car. That is already true for me. After a day in the Lotus, I drove my Porsche 996 and it felt like I was driving a large sedan.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations, from someone who has been waiting days for his own new member post to show up!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I found my car and couldn’t be happier. I hope to connect with others in the area soon. I found the car in California and based of forum recommendations I used Reliable Carriers to transport the car. Andrew at Reliable Carriers was outstanding and was very helpful in working with me on the logistics for shipping the car. I highly recommend Reliable Carriers to anyone needing to transport their vehicle.

@oldmansan was very helpful in sharing his knowledge and experience which was tremendously helpful for me in the shopping and purchasing process.

Many on the forum have said that driving a Lotus has ruined the experience of driving any other car. That is already true for me. After a day in the Lotus, I drove my Porsche 996 and it felt like I was driving a large sedan.
Reliable Carriers was outstanding. They took all of the stock parts, wrapped them and negated the necessity of getting reamed at UPS or FedEx. Their truck was a dream, as there wasn't any issue with the ramp with regards to the Reverie front splitter, which can be problematic.

I don't think people believe us when we say you can't go back to your 'normal' car after driving a Lotus. You can go back to your 'normal' car, but it is never really the same, and that's the biggest downside of a Lotus, you're forever spoiled in that respect.

San

·
Registered
123 Posts
I feel exactly the same way about my Lotus Elise. My 911 feels like a school bus compared to the Lotus. It's 50% heavier, it's taller, wider, and longer, and the steering wheel is huge. Now I only use the Porsche for when I want my wife to join me for a relaxed drive. The Lotus is the go-to option when I go canyon carving on my own.

Attachments

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I feel exactly the same way about my Lotus Elise. My 911 feels like a school bus compared to the Lotus. It's 50% heavier, it's taller, wider, and longer, and the steering wheel is huge. Now I only use the Porsche for when I want my wife to join me for a relaxed drive. The Lotus is the go-to option when I go canyon carving on my own.
Yup. You can never go back after you've driven an Elige. It spoils you.

San

1 - 12 of 12 Posts