The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just posting my intro. Ok, so I come from a long time BMW family and have been fortunate enough to have owned several over the years. Currently I have a Sakhir Orange F80 M3 competition spec car that I love and have “fixed” the many common gripes. I have been pretty disappointed with BMW’s latest offerings and am pretty sure I am done with the brand. As I am all grown up now and spending more time at the track, and can afford to have a couple of toys I have really been eyeing getting a lotus. I have always respected Lotus cars, the ethos behind them and how they are always known as drivers cars.

A ways back I decided that my next car will need to fit a couple of things - light (close to 3000lbs or better) mid engine, manual transmission (all my cars are manual) and be able to participate on track days without major modifications. It also needs to be streetable and enjoy running some nice roads after getting a good coffee. I have been haunting BAT on and off over the last year and checking out local listings. I’ve been trying to weigh getting something used for the right price and trying to examine the used market around the Elise, Exige, or Evora 400 etc. I had been really leaning into an Evora then lotus uncovered the Emira and I must say it was love at first sight. Really looking forward to getting more info on the car as it comes out and I’m going to be trying to get a 2023 allocation as soon as possible. Now the question becomes, keep the M3 and get the Emira? Or fully ditch the M and move on. Not sure yet but I am pumped for this car.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Administrator
8,371 Posts
Welcome to LT Mark!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Your M3 looks great. Love the color. You should try to connect locally with a Lotus group. You might have a chance to sit shotgun in the 3 models you were looking at or even take one for a drive. I think you’ll be impressed with the communication to the pavement. Lotus Talk is a good resource and is a very active community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your M3 looks great. Love the color. You should try to connect locally with a Lotus group. You might have a chance to sit shotgun in the 3 models you were looking at or even take one for a drive. I think you’ll be impressed with the communication to the pavement. Lotus Talk is a good resource and is a very active community.

Thank you sir. It’s a great color and really shows the lines well especially in the sun. I’m doing a track day next week and have found someone that I’m loosely associated with through the shop I get work done at that I’m going to connect with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts