The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise - Graphite Grey
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose that I am not technically a new member, but I never made an introduction post.

I live in Louisville, KY, USA and purchased a graphite grey mica 2005 Elise in August. I have not worked on a car since starting a family 13 years ago and wanted to start wrenching again. I plan on using the car for street driving, with an occasional autocross and track day.

I purchased a beautiful fixer-upper that has some problems, but that was really the point. I decided to purchase the Elise in large part due to the wonderful support of this site. After researching common issues (including those on my car) I realized that I could probably repair each one by using articles on this site. So far it was worked out very well and has given me an excuse to buy many new tools.

I look forward to contributing my experiencing and adding whatever I can to this awesome community of gearheads.

- Hugh

·
Administrator
13,485 Posts
Welcome to LT Hugh! Congrats on your Elise purchase! Post some photos when you get a chance. LT was what sealed to deal for me getting an Elise also.

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,715 Posts
Welcome Hugh, we all look forward to hearing about how your rebuild goes. As @Catsailr27 requested, please post lots of photos, they are invaluable.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise - Graphite Grey
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brake pads, hot plate, and fluids. I didn't have much choice, as the brake pads were dangerously thin and the car was bordering on overheating when I got it. This was just enough to make me fall in love with working on it. I am now cleaning out the interior and working on the shifter stiffening mods. As you can see, there was a ton of grime hiding under the interior panels.

Shoe Black Automotive tire Hood Yellow

Automotive design Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brake pads, hot plate, and fluids. I didn't have much choice, as the brake pads were dangerously thin and the car was bordering on overheating when I got it. This was just enough to make me fall in love with working on it. I am now cleaning out the interior and working on the shifter stiffening mods. As you can see, there was a ton of grime hiding under the interior panels.

View attachment 1323642

View attachment 1323641
Bleeding is a PITA but those shifter stiffening mods should make the car feel so much better. The car is going to look so good all shined up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts