The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new member here located in Iowa. I'm interested in acquiring an Elise or Exige, but my wife has a OIOU (One-In, One-Out) policy in place, so I need to thin the herd before I buy anything. I'm also interested in an Elan Coupe / Plus 2, but that's farther down the road. I own several Porsches and BMWs. I have been a BMW CCA driving instructor for 10+ years. I do most of my own maintenance and repairs. I enjoy detailing my cars but the most important thing to me is the driving experience.

I've never driven an Elise or Exige but I think either model offers the raw, sports car driving experience I'm looking for. I've never been a fan of open cars, although my first sports car was a 911 Targa. I've always preferred coupes for their rigidity, lower wind noise and protection. I'd be curious to hear from owners about their experience with the hard top versus the soft top to help guide my search.

I've got a lot to learn and this looks like a great community. Thanks in advance for any recommendations you have as I start my hunt for an Elise / Exige.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts