The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
From a fellow JPS owner (JPS #188), welcome to Europa ownership. What separates a JPS from any other TCS with black paint and gold pinstriping as far as I can tell is the badge. I believe all part numbers are the same with the plain Jane TCS. I've had my JPS for about a year now, and I haven't any part specific to the JPs except for the badge. The badge location also appears to be wherever the dealer decided to attach it at the time. See where mine is located.

Joji Tokumoto

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
They look like they would be diabolical in the rain. I can believe they are better when they heat up but I would think they are probably pretty good as long as it's dry. They would probably be good for autocrossing.
I've been running R888s on both of my running S2s for a couple of years on the street. The grip is absolutely outstanding. Granted, this is in So Cal in warm dry weather. I have not run them in the wet or cold, so can't comment on their wet capabilities. The Toyos are the only street high performance tires that I'm aware of available in 13" size. In colder climates, may want to use these for summer use only.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Over the last couple of years, I've only put less than 1k miles on both cars. The fronts look pretty new, the rears a bit more worn. Once I put more miles on them, I expect them to be similar to the old Phoenix Stahlflexes from the 80s. I was getting from 8k to 12k miles on rear running them on my daily driver TCS.

I'm running very low air pressures 16#/18# for street use on my 20 mile round trips to town and back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts