The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from sunny Ca!

Just another dyed in the wool, lightweight car enthusiast whose finally looking to make the jump into a Lotus. Figured it’s finally time to join this board and start reading + troll classifieds. Garage currently holds:

2018 Golf R
1995 Miata with built k20 swap (240ish whp)
2001 Miata track car
2000 Mr2 spyder with 2zz swap - pending CA bar approval
2001 Mr2 spyder - stock

Besides the messing around in the garage I enjoy the world of fine wine. If you’re in the Sac area, I would love to pick your brain regarding Elise/Exige/Evora ownership over coffee.

Cheers, Brian

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
668 Posts
Welcome from OC. I'm more of a beer drinker but this reminds me I need to open one of those holiday gifts!

·
Registered
2011 Exige S260 Sport
389 Posts
Located in Folsom, so right up the road! Quite the collection of light weight cars there.
Welcome! There's a few of us in the area who own Lotus, and the Golden Gate Lotus Club (GGLC) Sacramento Chapter might be of interest to you.
A few of us go to the local Cars and Coffee in Folsom / ElDorado Hills and the C&C in Carmichael.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Located in Folsom, so right up the road! Quite the collection of light weight cars there.
Welcome! There's a few of us in the area who own Lotus, and the Golden Gate Lotus Club (GGLC) Sacramento Chapter might be of interest to you.
A few of us go to the local Cars and Coffee in Folsom / ElDorado Hills and the C&C in Carmichael.
Oh awesome, I’ll keep that in mind. I’m hoping the BAR approval on the Mr2 is done by this summer so I can get out to some meets.

I run with GGLC for track days as often as I can. IMO opinion they have THE BEST run track days in the area.

I’ll have to look at the Sacramento Chapter thing, hopefully Lotus admiration is enough of a prerequisite to join :)

·
Administrator
9,051 Posts
Welcome to LT Brian!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Welcome - look up your chapter of GGLC. There's a pretty active group in your area!

·
Administrator
9,051 Posts

·
Registered
2005 111r Supercharged
17 Posts
Welcome to LT

What are your thoughts on the Golf compared to the rest of your cars (and possibly the future Lotus)? I've owned some newer VWs before (golf/scirocco) and coming from similar cars as your other ones, and being in a Lotus now, the VWs feel too desensitized for me to like driving :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like the Golf, but it’s definitely less of a “drivers car”. It has the DSG trans and the DCC dampers. When I want to get my jollies, I can throw it in sport/race mode, then flip it back to comfort once I’m out of the twisties. Power is excellent and it has tons of grunt down low. My wife loves driving it too. It kinda just does everything well. I had a mk7 GTI before this, and the DCC made a huge difference in the ride quality, both in comfort and road holding. The R is worth the extra money IMO. The mk8 looks like it’s going to be even better perhaps.

Are you in an Elise or an Evora? (NVM, is see you’re in an Exige).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts