The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, my name is Peter, and I've been interested in Lotus ever since Need for Speed 2. I've finally gotten to a mindset & point in my life when owning one is a real possibility, and I'm excited.

I'm on the lookout for an orange S2 or S3 Elise, 2006 or newer, and I'll travel wherever to get it as long as I can tell it's been treated well.

Thing is, I've only ever been up close to a couple of Elises before. If anyone within like 500 miles of me (anywhere in the northwest US really) is up for being super generous, I would be thrilled to get a chance to walk around one, sit in it, and get a ride. I'll also be in Maryland for a bit around Christmas, so if there's any kind souls in that area, that would be fantastic as well.

Really looking forward to getting to know the ins-and-outs of this car through all of your experiences on the forum!

Edit! Just found out the plural of "Lotus" is "Lotus"

·
Administrator
12,058 Posts
Welcome to LT Peter! When I got back into Lotus I had to make sure my fat a still fit so I went to the closest Cars & Coffee and started talking with a couple of Lotus owners and next thing I knew he thru me his keys. Not sure on your area but Covid rules have stopped our C&C for now but if there's one in your area I would check into it. Maybe if you posted where you're from a member near you might oblige also where in MD you'll be visiting.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Welcome. I have a 2005 Elise in the Corvallis area. Any reason you are limiting your search to a 2006+? By doing that you are limiting your available cars by 50%.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I would love to check out an Exige just for fun, but an Elise would be the most helpful at the moment. I do visit Portland somewhat frequently, so I may get in touch with the Portland folks later (especially for get-togethers and such after I buy mine). I appreciate your offers a ton!

Welcome. I have a 2005 Elise in the Corvallis area. Any reason you are limiting your search to a 2006+? By doing that you are limiting your available cars by 50%.
PM'd about a potential visit. Thanks!

The 2006+ criteria is a bit of an arbitrary bar I set to avoid older cars that may have been put together a little less tightly due to Lotus having less experience earlier in time. I didn't realize until half an hour ago that 2005 was the first year they were sold in the US, and that so many were sold in the US that year. Other than that, it seems more people prefer the Probax seats for comfort, and the LED tail lights look a bit better to me. But these things are minor, and 2005 is ok. It's a leaning more than anything.

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Elise SC
67 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I would love to check out an Exige just for fun, but an Elise would be the most helpful at the moment. I do visit Portland somewhat frequently, so I may get in touch with the Portland folks later (especially for get-togethers and such after I buy mine). I appreciate your offers a ton!

PM'd about a potential visit. Thanks!

The 2006+ criteria is a bit of an arbitrary bar I set to avoid older cars that may have been put together a little less tightly due to Lotus having less experience earlier in time. I didn't realize until half an hour ago that 2005 was the first year they were sold in the US, and that so many were sold in the US that year. Other than that, it seems more people prefer the Probax seats for comfort, and the LED tail lights look a bit better to me. But these things are minor, and 2005 is ok. It's a leaning more than anything.

If you can find one, go for a stock SC model beginning in 2008. Worth the extra cost. The torque curve is much better balanced. It begins pulling much earlier in the RPM's. More horses. Also resale value may hold up better.

·
Registered
2006 Exige SC K24A
384 Posts
If you can find one, go for a stock SC model beginning in 2008. Worth the extra cost. The torque curve is much better balanced. It begins pulling much earlier in the RPM's. More horses. Also resale value may hold up better.
Like with many luxury purchases I too found myself stretching and stretching. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For sure. Chances of one of these popping up in orange before the base model are slim though :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.