The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the page on here and wanted to introduce myself. I’ve got an ‘05 Boudreaux Red Elise based in Salt Lake. Some of you may recognize the car from previous posts on here, it was passed on to me recently from my late father who was on here as GR82DRV (hence my username). Would love to hear any stories or interactions people had with him during his time with the car!

Performance wise it’s pretty much stock minus some carbon bits. Plans for the future on the car are a full refresh of the suspension next spring with new bushings, tie rods, ball joints, and shocks. Long term I’m looking at SonicFury exhaust, Difflow diffuser, supercharger, and wheels.

-Sam
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2011 Exige S260 Sport
369 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I'm dreading that time in my life.
Looks like he left you a beautiful Lotus. Hope it brings you much joy and good memories of your late father.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hi Sam, so sorry to hear about your fathers passing. I didn't know him personally but if I remember correctly I think he was part of the group buy for the Composite Worx seats with me. Definitely a sketchy purchase since composite worx was such a small boutique brand, but goes to show what a small community can achieve and your father was an important member who put his money where his mouth was to support this small Lotus market and keep it going for everyone.

Please enjoy and take care of that car.

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Welcome to LT Sam! Sorry to hear about your Dad but I bet he's smiling from above with your plans for the car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Sam, so sorry to hear about your fathers passing. I didn't know him personally but if I remember correctly I think he was part of the group buy for the Composite Worx seats with me. Definitely a sketchy purchase since composite worx was such a small boutique brand, but goes to show what a small community can achieve and your father was an important member who put his money where his mouth was to support this small Lotus market and keep it going for everyone.

Please enjoy and take care of that car.
Really appreciate the kind words. There were quite a few nights he spent on here researching, talking, and contributing to the Lotus community. I remember him buying the seats through a group deal, they're still in the car actually! The carbon work I think is pretty good, although the cushioning still leaves a lot to be desired. Plan on getting custom upholstery on them eventually when I get around to it/ can't stand the lack of any padding.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Hood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts