The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been a lurker for a few years due to other aspects of my life stopping me from taking the plunge into Lotus ownership. Well the time looks to finally be coming when my finances will allow an Exige but I was hoping to get some insight into realistic pricing. I have been following the rough pricing on and off for 3+ years and watched them go from high 30's to 40's and now some are deep in the 50's and 60's (240's & 260's). I am looking for a no accident 07-08 exige s or 240 with under 40k miles to get the supercharger from the factory. Before I post in the wanted section I figured I'd ask here before getting flamed over there, Is the going price for a clean lowish mileage 07 exige s in the $45k range or do I need to go raid the couch cushions again and adjust my expectations? Has it risen that much lately? I'm hoping the current state of the world brings the prices into this range but the few I can find are all in the $50k range now which seems surprisingly high for a weekend toy in our current economy, despite their obvious low production numbers. Any thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
24 Posts
From my market watching in the last few months, i see:

'06 Exige go for $40k
'07 Exige S go for $40-45k
'08 S240 $50-55k
S260's and Final editions $60k-80k The last 2011 Exige sold on BringaTrailer sold for$62k + fees. It's now being flipped on Hemmings for $90k!! If you can wait it out, I've noticed Exiges don't sell well on BringATrailer, with low reserves. So you may find a good deal, if the car happens to be within your vicinity. There's a beautiful PB S240 that was just posted here on the FS section....If I didn't just buy my car a couple weeks ago, I'd be on a flight (gasp) to MA right now to see that car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my market watching in the last few months, i see:

'06 Exige go for $40k
'07 Exige S go for $40-45k
'08 S240 $50-55k
S260's and Final editions $60k-80k The last 2011 Exige sold on BringaTrailer sold for$62k + fees. It's now being flipped on Hemmings for $90k!! If you can wait it out, I've noticed Exiges don't sell well on BringATrailer, with low reserves. So you may find a good deal, if the car happens to be within your vicinity. There's a beautiful PB S240 that was just posted here on the FS section....If I didn't just buy my car a couple weeks ago, I'd be on a flight (gasp) to MA right now to see that car.

Good luck!
Oh I've seen that stunning Persian blue 240, it's my dream car in my dream color but unfortunately it's just too far outside my price range :( maybe if it sits for a few weeks he may come down on price and I'll feel comfortable throwing him an offer, just don't want to insult him with a lowball right now. Thanks for the tip on BaT though, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patience and flexibility help with price

Where are you located?
Unfortunately I've come to that realization the last 3 months while looking for the right car. I'm in the Tampa area but honestly have zero hesitation traveling for the right car, I've bought cars from 1000-1500 miles away SEVERAL times (Florida prices are crazy) and driven them back and given the Exige's low numbers, I'm fully expecting to do the same again or have it shipped after a full PPI and ecu dump.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in the Tampa area also and bought an Elise in 2019 @ Wirewheel in Vero Beach. It's a nice drive there. If I were you I'd keep an eye out on their inventory list and maybe fire an email off to the owner Hayes and let him know what you are looking for. They sometimes have cars sell before they are even listed. They typically revert cars to near stock and sort out most of the common issues (oil line recalls, fixing and respraying parts of the car that need it).

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I'd be careful who you listen to with regards to pricing. The market is always changing, and right now it is a buyer's market. That said, most that can afford to keep their Exige will do so until the market recovers. Mine isn't going anywhere.

San

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
There is an 07 on Facebook for low 40's in New York. I think it has been listed in several places in NY so I dunno if dealer or fake or what, but it comes up whenever I search for Lotus parts

Call wirewheel and see what they might have a line on

Less than perfect cars go for less money, again, patience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in the Tampa area also and bought an Elise in 2019 @ Wirewheel in Vero Beach. It's a nice drive there. If I were you I'd keep an eye out on their inventory list and maybe fire an email off to the owner Hayes and let him know what you are looking for. They sometimes have cars sell before they are even listed. They typically revert cars to near stock and sort out most of the common issues (oil line recalls, fixing and respraying parts of the car that need it).
Thanks for the recommendation. I've had their site open for months but no exiges outside a cup 255 which isn't what I'm looking for. I never thought to try calling Hayes directly but thats a great idea!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is an 07 on Facebook for low 40's in New York. I think it has been listed in several places in NY so I dunno if dealer or fake or what, but it comes up whenever I search for Lotus parts

Call wirewheel and see what they might have a line on

Less than perfect cars go for less money, again, patience.
Thanks for the lead, I didn't see it when I quickly looked but if it's the pewter one just over the river in Jersey I've seen it but the color and mods aren't my cup of tea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts