The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. Just introducing myself as new member. I am just outside Sacramento, CA area, towards some foothills.

I am not a Lotus fanboy, but always appreciated them as "cool cars" that i really knew nothing about. Then when I started doing a lot of Track Days (back then in my Cayman S, Spec E30, 914-6 or Datsun 510 ITC junkie race car) I gained more and more appreciation for how badass the Lotuses were.. Elise, Exige, Lotus 7, and other Lotuses I don't know the name of). And I also noticed most of the Lotus drivers were really cool people. Low key, Chill, a bit nerdy sometimes.. way more interested in how their car drives and handles than whether or not somebody else might be impressed with their car. I won't paint with broad strokes, but some car makes have an ownership base that are more interested in the prestige of their make than how it (or they) actually drive!

I currently do NOT own a Lotus but am really researching and considering and EVORA GT.

I currently have 2 race cars ( a Datsun 510 which I vintage race and a Spec Racer Ford I just got to try something new). My current daily drivers are my Jeep Wrangler, a 2019 Miata Club, and a 2003 Mitsubishi Evo 8. And occasionally a 31 Model A pickup and a 73 Datsun Pickup. Recent cars I have moved on from include Fiesta ST, Golf R, 63 Impala lowrider, 59 Buick flat top, multiple Datsun 510's, Cayman S, Mini Cooper S, etc... I like to EXPERIENCE cars. Open mind and eclectic tastes. But have always been a "small car" guy from the time I was a kid. I like small and nimble and fun.. never been a horsepower junky.

WHY DO I WANT AN EVORA GT? well it's SUCH A LONG STORY I wont bore you with the whole thing.. but lets just say.. i want something new that is small, light, raw, analog, fun, not cookie cutter, RWD, sounds good, reliable. I have a new Miata.. which is GREAT.. but.. i want a little less refinement and a little more edge .. a little more F U. My Evo 8 is 3100 lbs and 350HP at the wheels and raw and analog. that's what i want.. but in a modern package. Raw and Analog. Raw and Analog. The Evo 8 is simply the best feeling car i have ever driven.. the most fun.

718 GT4? Sure.. great car.. but I don't love the styling (all Porsches look the same these days.. hell. the Cayman looks like my wife's Cayenne in a way) and it has a certain lack of soul.. you know, it might be a better car than the Evora GT, (I have driven a GT4.. have NOT driven an Evora) but from everything I hear and read, the Evora is more raw and analog. THAT IS WHAT I WANT. The GT4 was fast and great.. and after driving I just thought "I would rather drive my Evo". Its simply has more FEEL. The reason I have a 17 year old Evo 8 in the stable is because I had one new back in 2003 and of the 60 + cars i have owned plus the various cars i have raced or tracked or "borrowed".. its simply the greatest car I have ever driven. So i got another one to put a smile on my face. The FEEL. Nothing has the FEEL of that car. Hard to explain. Well.. i want a modern version of that.. and I think and hope the Evora GT might be the closest thing I can get.

yeah... long first post.. SORRY...

I would be VERY INTERESTED if anybody currently in an EVORA GT has been a previous Mitsubishi Evo owner.. and what your thoughts are. Yeah.. i know, apples to oranges, but if anybody has owned both i think they will understand why i am asking

·
Administrator
2,124 Posts
Welcome to LT! Used to love my track prepped 510 back in '73.

Reactions: StressCraxx
1 - 2 of 2 Posts