The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im glad to join the lightweight, rwd car community haha. I have a 1990 Miata planning to go ls1. I came on here looking for some seats. I would want the black leather. I think the seats would give me more room in the car and would save some weight right? Here is a pic..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Am I correct to assume that you are looking for Lotus seats to replace the Miata ones? I have a set that we took out of the wifes 05 Elise that are un-blemished and like new. they were replaced with later model seats soon after the purchase.
I can send you photos if you are interested. I'll have to consult the boss to see what she wants for them. FYI they won't be give-aways.
PM me if you have an interest.

Al

oh, and welcome to the neighborhood.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice looking Miata. My brother has a 1990 that looks just like yours. If you put
a V8 in that thing it will not feel or handle like a lightweight car anymore. I would
put a turbo or a Rotary engine in it instead.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice looking Miata. My brother has a 1990 that looks just like yours. If you put
a V8 in that thing it will not feel or handle like a lightweight car anymore. I would
put a turbo or a Rotary engine in it instead.
Ever driven one? I beg to differ. I've got an old Ford 5.0L V8 in my '92 and it handles just fine. The LSx motor is aluminum and weighs less than the Ford block. Properly dialed in, it will handle every bit as well as a stocker, if not better.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
We installed the Lotus seats into a racing Miata, worked great and did save a lot of weight.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
i went for a ride at a track day in a monster miata and laughed my ass off the whole way.

what a hilarious, exhilarating ride! and it handled just fine on Firebird West. SCARY fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcome guys and alphonse, pm sent. Im trying to get these seats to keep right at the stock weight as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts