The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New here, obviously. Just trying to get used to this community. I'm planning on getting a lotus sometime within my lifetime. Currently drive a fiesta st. Any pointers or anything let me know. But thanks for letting me join! Can't wait to see what happens here!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I actually test drove a FiST a few years ago when shopping for a daily. I had to pass though because the head rest angle destroyed my and my wife's necks. I loved the character of the car though. I like cars that just encourage you to flog them, and the Elise and FiST are similar in that regard. The Elise (and Exige more so) are just everything dialed up to 11, especially the steering. If you have never driven a sub-ton car with no power steering, it is a revelation.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
820 Posts
I actually test drove a FiST a few years ago when shopping for a daily. I had to pass though because the head rest angle destroyed my and my wife's necks.
Yeah, that Ford 'feature' lost them the sale of a titanium edition contour to us a couple years ago. Agree on the FiST, though - about the only other thing that much fun to drive and that small is a Fiat 500 Abarth.

Welcome to the OP! Drive a Lotus and you'll find a way to get one, because you'll be spoiled for anything else.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Welcome! I actually had a focus St.. loved it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually test drove a FiST a few years ago when shopping for a daily. I had to pass though because the head rest angle destroyed my and my wife's necks. I loved the character of the car though. I like cars that just encourage you to flog them, and the Elise and FiST are similar in that regard. The Elise (and Exige more so) are just everything dialed up to 11, especially the steering. If you have never driven a sub-ton car with no power steering, it is a revelation.

I have not actually driven a subton car but my car feels like it since it's slightly modified. I wish to get an exige but they are hard to come by.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,953 Posts
I know this isn't a Ford forum...but the headrest thing is more common than it used to be, over several makes of cars. Might be a federal spec thing?

Some folks fix the issue by removing the headrest and installing it the other way 'round (backwards).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts