The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm OLW! My interest in Lotus started recently at the recommendation of a friend. I've been looking for a drivers sports car that I can drive as much or as little as I want and not take a huge beating on maintenance or depreciation. I think the Elise fits the bill. The search is on!
Glad to be a part of the forum,
OLW

·
Registered
969 Posts
Glad to have you in the group! Tell us where you are from and which Lotus you are interested. You have come to the right place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm from ~Clearwater Florida and I'm interested in an Elise.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Nice! We should get together sometime, I'm in Melbourne, directly across the state from you.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
211 Posts
Thanks. I'm from ~Clearwater Florida and I'm interested in an Elise.
Spent about 5 years in New Tampa/Clearwater. Really great car scenes there in the early 2000's. Not sure about now but we used to take over Gandy bridge until the cops ran us off then we would go to the quaker steak and lube place and hang out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm. Don't recall ever seeing the Gandy bridge being taken over by cars. Perhaps that was before I moved here. They demolished the old walking bridge next to the Gandy bridge several years ago. I used to like the quaker steak and lube too, but it had been going down hill with long waits for cold food. If I recall correctly, they were temporarily shut down for roaches a few years ago, but I can find no internet corroboration. Maybe its time to see if they've recovered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts