The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Lotus aficionados. New member here from St. Louis. Posting this as part of the new rules, I guess? I’m about as tech savvy as your average 80 year old so this is not my “cup of tea”. I will try to stay with British idioms. I will be trying to fill out my profile (with my kids’ help). I currently own 12 cars, two Lotus. I have a 1991 Esprit SE turbo and a 2006 Elise. I am looking to add an Evora. I can’t decide on a 400 or a GT. I’m open to suggestions.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Welcome Lotus collector! I believe "Lotus" is already plural. I vote For the GT. Love the new styling cues, especially Behind the front wheel arches.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
It's my understanding the GT is the newer model that replaces the 400. I don't know the model details but if that's the case I would go for the GT since Lotus tends to make incremental detail and build quality improvements with each model variation.

Plus a bit more HP and the wheel arch vents which should improve high speed stability, should you ever need it (and they look cool).

That said, any Evora model would be sweet.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,312 Posts
any Evora model would be sweet.
THREE Lotus?

I think that the condition/price of an Evora GT or 400 would be the deciding factor for purchase. Either would be great for street driving.

PS, Here is an avatar for you:

·
Administrator
5,792 Posts
Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks. I love the Avatar. That's what happens when you make a profile name late at night! Yes, every few years I binge and purge cars. Right now I have 12 (I think) and am selling six to eight and going to buy some new toys. I've wanted an Evora since they first arrived but never pulled the trigger. I bought an Elise last year. Such a fun car but it beats me to death. I think the Evora may be a better option. Or, at least, a better option for my back. I love all Evoras and each Series has its pros and cons. Right now my leaning is new but there is such a glut of them on the market I'm hesitant to pay anywhere near asking price, not to mention I'm also looking to add a Gallardo. I'm also contemplating if I could deal with the automatic since it will be mostly a city car. Both Lotus are sticks, currently.

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
954 Posts
80 and looking for a new Lotus. Dude, I hope I rock as hard as you in 30!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only thing keeping me out of the new one is the price point. Lotus gives dealers about $7000 play, from what I can gather. I was hoping to be under $90,000. I can get into a new 2020 maybe but it will be an auto. I want the 6 speed. Talking to a dealer now about a preowned 2020. Leaning hard toward that one at this point

1 - 9 of 9 Posts