The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..Unfortunately, not an owner.
An Elise is somewhat of a realistic dream for me, though I accept that I probably won't be able to buy for another five years or so (need to wait for insurance premiums to drop anyway!). I'm going into my 4th year of college, but won't be graduating this year, due to a double major in electrical & mechanical engineering.
I stumbled across this forum back a bit, and it seems to be a generally nice & amusing group, so I joined up.
I'd love the opportunity to meet up with some of the members, and :drool: over your cars.
I'm in southern RI, and currently drive an '08 mazdaspeed3, as in my avatar. Hopefuly that won't get held against me too badly :shrug:
I'll keep an eye out for local meets, I'd like to stop by for a bit if it's okay by all of you.

So, Hi all!
:wave:

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
welcome! yeah, wait till you're 25, your insurance will drop big time.

how do you like the Mazdaspeed? My folks are looking to pick one up. They actually brought it over during a test drive and the thing pulls like crazy! nice interior, too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welcome! yeah, wait till you're 25, your insurance will drop big time.

how do you like the Mazdaspeed? My folks are looking to pick one up. They actually brought it over during a test drive and the thing pulls like crazy! nice interior, too.
Yep, by the time I'm 25-28, I'll have a whole lot more income, and my premiums will plummet :D
I LOVE the mazdaspeed. It's been reliable, nice & powerful, and it responds very well to mods. I'd suggest that they get the cobb SRI & a www.streetunit.com rear engine mount, as well as some shifter bushings (it's a cable shifter car).
These three things don't cost too much, but they make a big difference in the performance and drivability of the car. Honestly, the SRI is the least necessary of the three.. the other two improve shifting as well as overall feel.2nd-3rd can be occasionally difficult without the bushings & mount.
The chassis is nice & balanced for a FF car, going through a corner it will rotate gently with a little throttle lift.
Encourage them to go for the GT, the HIDs are very nice.
You're MORE than welcome to come out to a 3 meet in your lotus sometime, so long as you don't mind a group that looks like -eek- a bit.

I'm looking forward to the speed being my "practical" car, at the moment it's my "fun" car, with a '95 accord wagon taking the other duty!

Thanks for the welcome, If they wind up with a speed, I'd be more than glad to go over some of the basic stuff that ought to be done with you if they're interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts