The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BRG Elise - The best color
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to do this for over a year, but I just got around to it. I finally had new mesh grills put on my Elise. Julio over at Mulholland Motorsports the work and I'm really pleased with the results. He did an absolutely fantastic job. The nice thing is that the grills above the radiator can be removed just like the stock ones. On the downside, they took a little longer to do than originally expected. However, like I told Julio, I'd rather them be done right than quick. I'd recommend him to anyone looking get this done. No affiliation, just a happy customer.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Hood Green Vehicle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Green Lotus exige

Green Motor vehicle Vehicle Vehicle door Car

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Love the engine grill. Never warmed up to the plug the holes look.
Nice work

·
Premium Member
297 Posts

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
The engine cover looks great,well worth the extra time! I did the same thing to a spare set grills for my car and now i have my original, identicly de-slated, sides and radiator grills almost ready to ship if anyone's interested. Same exact mesh even. Looks WAY better than any of the strait mesh kits, did you consider color matching them?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for over a year, but I just got around to it. I finally had new mesh grills put on my Elise. Julio over at Mulholland Motorsports the work and I'm really pleased with the results. He did an absolutely fantastic job. The nice thing is that the grills above the radiator can be removed just like the stock ones. On the downside, they took a little longer to do than originally expected. However, like I told Julio, I'd rather them be done right than quick. I'd recommend him to anyone looking get this done. No affiliation, just a happy customer.
Where did you source the hex mesh? I wanted hex mesh but couldn't find it a few years back when I added mesh to my car. Your front end looks much better.

Attachments

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Looks excellent!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks great! How much???:D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Where did you source the hex mesh? I wanted hex mesh but couldn't find it a few years back when I added mesh to my car. Your front end looks much better.
+1 for a great looking result even if you don't have the hex mesh.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
to the OP - can you shoot some pics of the underside of the boot lid? I want to see how Julio attached the mesh.

Also, is the mesh on the front grill epoxied from behind? I have the mesh conversion, but need to have my body guy do some tweaking as I had a car vs. bird incident this summer!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,690 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts