The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Mirror Mod !!!!!!

11K views 81 replies 50 participants last post by  uclacyc 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm still experimenting to see if they'll hold up to heat, but i may have a bunch of them made up if anyone's interested....... about $ 2.00 for a set of 2........

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I've seen that before. I like it, but I don't think that people need more encouragement to race me.
This morning my wife and I were driving back from dropping the Audi off at the dealership (A mouse chewed through a bunch of wiring. Naturally, that is not covered under warranty.). I'm passing some guy in an old F-150 driving sort of slowly in the right lane. I'm just about past when he guns the engine. He has a really open exhaust with twin pipes. My wife complains about all the noise he's making as he slowly repasses me. Then we come to a light. He revs his engine a couple times. I ignore him. And he stomps it when the light turns green. I just drive off as I normally would. He slowly pulls away. Then when he's a car length or two ahead he does a couple of lift and stomps. You would think he'd work out from all the ignoring him that we weren't impressed, but he repeats this display at four or five lights. At one point he tailgates somebody and weaves in and out of traffic. All in a ~'89 F-150. What a maroon.

#7 ·
Merely a novelty item for the multivex mirrors

#8 ·
thats very funny, count me in too

#10 ·
They're high quality vinyl letters.....just stick on.......BUT I want to make sure they hold up to heat before i send them to anyone ...... I'll let everyone know how they hold up....

#11 ·
It wasn't made on a label maker with a clear background? If those are individual cut letters somebody is insane for selling them that cheap. There is no way I would deal with weeding those that small. At that rate for your time you'd be better off working in a sweat shop. If it's a good quality film it will take the heat no problem, but letters that small have a hard time holding up to washings, dryings, etc. Heck I have a plotter and I would buy them for that price to not have to deal with picking out the insides of those small letters with micro-tweezers. You get what you pay for. Something doesn't add up?

#12 ·
I've done a few similar to that for various friends' race cars (as well as on my own, in the photo below) though mine say "OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE LOSERS."

I did all the graphics on a friend's Tyrrell F1 car and I put one of those on his mirror without telling him. He said he never noticed for the longest time until midway through a race one day and it surprised him so he almost ran off the track from laughing.

#14 ·
looney said:
whats the deal? is it a sticker? or an etched mirror?

how much would it cost to mail to Australia???
It's a sticker; here is a different one.
http://www.mwspeedshop.com/objectsare.htm

But I like his better and would be interested in a couple of sets. Looney, I'll just mail it to you. Buy me a pint of Toohey's one of these days and call it even. :)

#15 ·
Ok..........a few clarifications: they are individual vinyl letters... that are on their normal backing. You peel the backing off to expose the adhesive on the letters, and they have a ( masking tape ) type of covering on the front face of the letters. you center the letters on your mirror, stick them on, and then remove the covering on the top of the letters. They stay on uniformly as you can see. I'm not out to make any money on these.... just whatever they're going to cost, and postage. ( havent gotten a price yet ) BUT as I've said... my car is parked in a hot garage today...and i'll be "washing" the mirror multiple times to make sure they dont come off easily before i ship them out to anyone.... Theres no guarantees folks..... theyre just a novelty item...... ( but i think they'll hold up just fine ) I'll let you know in a day or so.... John

#17 ·
Looks like they held up fine in the heat and simulated multiple washings. I ordered 120 of them.....looks like they'll be about $ 1.50 a set of 2 ---includes US postage....... I'll give ya more details when i get them. ( RANDY GETS A FREE SET ! )

#21 ·
I'll need a bunch of those! Great gifts and pranks! (I'm sure all my friends are tired of the "bullet holes" by now . . .)

kestrel74 said:
They're high quality vinyl letters.....just stick on.......BUT I want to make sure they hold up to heat before i send them to anyone ...... I'll let everyone know how they hold up....

#25 ·
I'll be getting them mid week next week.... will advise everyone when they're in......

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.