The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Lotus Elise with just 35,000 miles. I didn't think that it would need new bushings with so few miles, but it turns out it did. I checked the upper wishbone bushings in the rear and they had each started to slide out (you could see about 2mm or so of white plastic protruding (see picture below which is not from my car but looks exactly like the bushing on my car). I purchased the Monoball bushing refresh kit from Inokinetics and had Gator Motorsports (the closest qualified Lotus mechanics to my home) install them. I couldn't believe the difference in the steering feel. It is much, much tighter. One of the better, if not best, modifications I have done, for sure! I encourage others to check their bushings.

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,133 Posts
Please post pics of your new solid bushings

·
Registered
358 Posts
Similar issues on my car @35k ish miles.
the rear arm was touching the frame, I posted about it and the replacement on my suspension overhaul thread.
the Oem plastic sleeve is a poor design, when pushing them out of the a arms it was so easy i could have probbuly done with my fingers....

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,133 Posts
@shinoo Thanks, I wanted to see a picture of the new bearings installed in the car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Kubera, here are two pictures of the monoballs installed on the front top wishbone and lower front wishbone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts