The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this private party and decided to go turbo.

I was told it was a new Magnuson MP62 from an old Jackson Honda kit. I have no way to verify it's new other than telling you I've inspected it and it really does look brand new.

$2,000 + shipping.

·
Registered
572 Posts
How do you know it will even fit on a Lotus?
I pieced together the supercharger kit for my Lotus on my own and went with a used MP62. The neck with the pulley on it needs to be the correct length to work on a Lotus. It is not difficult to swap necks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is that the only modification necessary? I will be piecing mine together as well when the time comes.

I pieced together the supercharger kit for my Lotus on my own and went with a used MP62. The neck with the pulley on it needs to be the correct length to work on a Lotus. It is not difficult to swap necks.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Careful there are a few different mounting flanges (at the manifold side) for the MP62s.

For examplem a Honda K-series jackson racing MP62 is a different mounting than a CT-E Honda K-Series MP62 kit (which I believe is the same as a BOE/Katana).

OP:
Post some pictures of it. That may help perspective buyers.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why u looking to hit 250mph???
Nope, my 200 mph bike running days are over. :D I have a GSX-R 1000 I might be selling soon if you wanna get rid of that silly 750.

What does it come with??
Just the supercharger, you'll need a manifold.

Correct. There are 14.9 gazillion MP62s out there and as such, parts aren't a problem.

Is that the only modification necessary? I will be piecing mine together as well when the time comes.
That and you may have to change out the rotors as I found upon further inspection that it rotates CCW rather than CW, which shows that it was indeed a Jackson kit for a Honda. SAME SUPERCHARGER, different rotation. I found a shop that will change everything out for you, basically a full re-manufacture, for $300 shipped.

Careful there are a few different mounting flanges (at the manifold side) for the MP62s.

For examplem a Honda K-series jackson racing MP62 is a different mounting than a CT-E Honda K-Series MP62 kit (which I believe is the same as a BOE/Katana).

OP:
Post some pictures of it. That may help perspective buyers.
I'll post pictures tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where is the shop that remans the charger? I have one that has gotten broken valve bits into it and I am curious if mine is rebuildable?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts