The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Details are sketchy and few, but testing will begin soon with one of our own (it's a black Elige that makes a ton of power already) with a newly designed supercharger that is meant to retrofit onto Exige S's. Claimed torque of a turbo with the response of a supercharger. Manufacturer says the larger of the two sizes can pump out way more boost than the M62 - leading to theoretical power limits near the 450hp region. Oh and there might be some dyno challenge day or something.

Sorry if repost I'm just checking in from work didn't have time to search. Details are on MM.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I'll be interested to see if this system can reliably produce this power without significantly compromising the engine life. This would appear to be more than Lotus even produces in their race versions of the engine. I want to see dynos, pics and more specs. The community seems to becoming overrun with SC solutions. It seems everyone is developing something. At this point I only see the factory, Sector111, Blackwatch and Maybe CharlieXs solutions as having any significant tuning and R&D behind them. The details on these other systems are simply too sketchy.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be interested to see if this system can reliably produce this power without significantly compromising the engine life. This would appear to be more than Lotus even produces in their race versions of the engine. I want to see dynos, pics and more specs. The community seems to becoming overrun with SC solutions. It seems everyone is developing something. At this point I only see the factory, Sector111, Blackwatch and Maybe CharlieXs solutions as having any significant tuning and R&D behind them. The details on these other systems are simply too sketchy.
I don't think anyone should be thinking about boosting at levels approaching 260-70ish rwhp without building up the engine. Sure it *should* be fine, but eventually something will give...you can do what I did and just wait till something goes bad, which many do. But obviously if we are talking 350+ then stronger parts are needed of course. Oh and I believe Charlie is tuning this system (or at least Frank's mule).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts