The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just replaced my sport suspension in my 2005 Elise with a set of Nitron single adjustable suspension from Gregs race parts. Great service and communication was great! These are the 40 mm club sports. They were delivered with no preload on the springs and the card said initial settings were "combined compression and rebound set at -10. I set ride height to 110mm front at jack point and 112 at rear/center jack point. I had to clear 3 inches at front splitter to clear speed bumps in my development (UGH) I corner balanced via old school but have appointment late February to get that done. OK here is question. I have a track day February 11th and would like advice from the track guru's what to set the compression/rebound to for initial trial. After road testing the car is much more stable in transitions and much less roll while stile maintaining a more comfortable ride. The small amount of lowering looks really good and am happy so far. Below are specs for car and pics. I have run this track many times (PBIR) with scca and really want to see if there is a significant difference in lap times. Already the car feels much more balanced and stable.
Thanks for any advice you have! It is appreciated. Tommy

2005 Elise front 205/45/16 Rear 235/45/17 Bridgestone re71r. Stock front sway bar with urethane bushings. Front springs 450 +250 helper. rear: 600 +250 helper.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Congratulations on the new setup! You will receive a lot of advice and input. Do you have an adjustable sway bar?. A small piece of advice for track events is to increase the ride height at least 10mm in the front and a corresponding increment in the rear. This will prevent a number of issues on the street and track. It doesn't look as good but...you know.... :censored:

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lotusxs, The next purchase is the adjustable sway bar either from Shinoo or BWR. undecided yet. The track is really smooth and I did increase to almost where it was stock with front splitter in mind. Yes that has taken it's toll on the track.Overall the height is not much different < 0.75 inch. Will adjust accordingly. I had no issues with the sport suspension but on the transitions I did rub the fender liners down. Will post video after event. Tommy

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Yea, a bit over 120mm is more natural for these cars unless you do other unnatural things :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
My experience as an intermediate track driver is: set the shocks at street recommended and then stiffen the rears until the understeer gets okay or goes away :). I like the roll in this car and don't like super-stiff settings.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thank you much! I set ride height to 120 mm at rear jack point and 116 at front jack point. This is even on corners with my daughter in car with a 50 lb weight. Corner balance appointment is Thursday February 13, 2 days after track event. Spoke to Eirne and he is confident I will be fine till then.Now overall ride height is less than 1/2 inch off stock. Will keep all posted. Tommy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts