The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smura said:

The poor man's Enzo, I guess?
A Enzo cost over $1million to buy as all were spoken for before they were built so you can't get one at MSRP anywhere. So the Enzo isn't a so much a rich man's car as it is a very very rich man's car.

The current NSX is more than $80K. Not many poor people driving cars in that price range

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
moved thread :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Does anyone that works for Honda/Acura ever take a damn design class or are they ultra boring? An awesome car like the NSX and they find a way ripping off Ferrari and STILL making it look boring. I've seen shoe boxes with more aggressive lines. A little Enzo, with the some 3rd Gen RX7 and a whole lot of valium.

Does anyone have any idea when H/A has ever come up with a non sedate looking model?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Derek said:
A Enzo cost over $1million to buy as all were spoken for before they were built so you can't get one at MSRP anywhere. So the Enzo isn't a so much a rich man's car as it is a very very rich man's car.

The current NSX is more than $80K. Not many poor people driving cars in that price range

The Enzo was sold for $640,000 USD. There are used Enzo's for sale in Beverly Hills for sale for over a million, but new they were not 1 million.

jeremy

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
The existing NSX is my favorite car. I can't imagine feeling that way about this new incarnation. It would lose that distinctive NSX look. Very homogenized. I would rather have an Elise because it is sexy, nimble, and affordable. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
It definitely looks like a rip off of the Enzo, but who cares! It's an "affordable" supercar! I think its a decent Japanese rendition of one of the greatest super cars. I'm sure it'll handle better than the current NSX, which already handles very well according to some of my cousins. Also Honda's known for superb ergonomics and their sweet shifter feel. Plus, this car will have all the great characteristics of any Honda, including more road-time and less mechanic-shop-time, and you can never complain about that.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The rumors I've heard is that this new car will be primarily a technological showcase, rather than a performance car. As such, I don't expect it to have nearly the appeal of is competitors, and anticipate it falling into the category of the Mercedes SL and similar cars - impressive GT cars, but not sports cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts