The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New OEM carbon fiber dash top. Lotus part#A128B0122F. These originally came on the Exige S260 but should fit both Elise and Exige. It is in excellent condition but has some spots that look like water spots which are not very noticeable and don't show in the photos. They may come out but I'm not sure. The list price is $5,380.

$1500 Shipped

Email [email protected] or PM me

DSC_1188.jpg
DSC_1184.jpg
DSC_1185.jpg
DSC_1186.jpg
DSC_1187.jpg

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Damn, that is a work of art. I'm sure the weight savings is a few ounces as well!

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Brother, you're killing me, I have one to sell just like this, and you're not asking enough for yours!!!!

The big question is if yours is matte clear-coated or not. If it isn't, it'll yellow very quickly! You can tell if it's not pretty easily, as the top side and underside will look very different from each other. The top will look sort of pasty white if it has no clear.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How easy or difficult is it to install this? I am interested.
It's not difficult but allow a couple of hours. You will need to replace your passenger air bag clips as they break when you remove the cover (qty 4) and then you will remove all dash trim plus the sill pieces. There may be a write up somewhere but if you look at a parts diagram for the dash, it's obvious what to remove.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think you would have major glare issues with a glossy dash.
I have a glossy one and I hardly ever have glare because of the shape of the windshield. If I have glare its only during a certain time of day where i'd have glare on any vehicle. Plus, during the rare chances that I do have glare, any polarized sunglasses will eliminate it 100%
This has AC ducting that is not included on the GRP dash.
True, but you just transfer your oem one to the new one.

Good luck with the sale , that's a beautiful OEM piece.. I doubt another would pop up soon..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts