The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend Mag.. worked on this the last 2 days..
Im leo from Weapon*R..

My friend Mag asked me to make a oil catch tank ( Vented ) for him..
This is what we came up with.. We also made a baffle inside the tank.

Want to get an opinion for people and see what people might want to see in a production version..

We will weld the bungs on this weekend..
Will drain at the bottom..
Has a Slope at the bottom to collect at the drain plug.
And we will cut out a section at the end near the rear wheelwell to add a vent tube fitting.

Enjoy..

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Question for this, and other catch-cans mounted to the clamshell: How well do you think this is going to play with a clamshell hinge-kit?

The oil catch-can that acommodates that will be the one to get -- no matter when the party started....

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Question for this, and other catch-cans mounted to the clamshell: How well do you think this is going to play with a clamshell hinge-kit?

The oil catch-can that acommodates that will be the one to get -- no matter when the party started....
The Saikou Michi setup is mounted in the exact same spots as this one.... :rolleyes: :shrug: so therefore they should both offer the same amount of versatility with the hinge kit (both are mounted to the clamshell as well as by the hose to the engine).

It's extremely easy to unbolt the catch can so I'd recommend removing the setup prior to lifting the clam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts