The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Finally pulled the trigger on a 6700 mile NFB Elise, purchased from a forum member in Denver. Got the bug when I tracked an Exige and an Elise with Lotus Club track day in Waterford Hills, Michigan last year. I decided on getting an '05 with the touring suspension for everyday driveability. The car was very well kept by the prior owner (Thanks!).

On trying to register the car in Michigan, the functionary at the Secretary of State couldn't find it in her book. After a phone call she told me I would have to pay tax on the actual value of the car, which her boss told her cost $93K. I said, "umm, no..." She said, "That's what I know..." I thought these are the folks who want to run my health care, took a deep breath and asked that she check again. After 10 minutes the new supervisor confirmed it cost $42K. Yahoo.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating and enjoying the Lotus. It joins a '05 Mini S in the garage. Now I need some track wheels and tires.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Congratulations.
Have fun with it!
It is a great car to work on.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Welcome aboard. I got my '05 in March. Love it.

Todd

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome! Nice color choice ;). Be sure to check your cams.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
You comin out to Waterford on Tuesday ??

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Welcome. Just as a note, the 05's either had the base suspension or the sport suspension. There is no such thing as touring suspension. There is a touring package which gave you leather seats and electric windows. Be careful here, you're liable to to get whacked by Tim Mullens if you say that you have touring wheels.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome,

I have had mine now for almost a year and a half and I love it. I am still dying to get to the track, but I just can't seem to get a break in the action with work.

Maybe I'll see you around town one of these days.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
There is no such thing as touring suspension.
rotfl I didn't catch that...... Calling TIM: Newbie needs to be :thwack:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I bought my 2005 NFB Elise new about 3 1/2 years ago. Still love driving it.
Mine has the blue leather interior- I guess that isn't too common. (so I hear).

Where are the pics?

Here is mine:

Mark

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, base, not touring.

Don't know about Tuesday at Waterford, we're going East Wednesday morning.

I'll post pics in a while. The car needs a shine. Right now I'm trying to figure out whether to replace the tires. The former owner put a set of 205's on the front base wheel, and 245's in the back, with a shim. It all fits, but I'm fairly certain the fronts make the car lose some feel. I'm very tempted to just get a set of original size Yoko's for these wheels, and if I want to track it have a second set of wheels/rubber. Thoughts anyone?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts