The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I flew into Vegas this weekend for a friend's birthday and also wanted to check out this 06 CO Elise that I have been checking out online via a Lotus dealer in Vegas. Anyhow, the car was in amazing condition.. only had about 6k miles and looked like it was new. Everything went smoothly and before I realize what happened I was canceling my flight home and driving it back home to SoCal :shift:

I had previously test driven them before (which is when i fell in love) here locally but my 5 hour trip was a good way for me and my new toy to become aquainted. My first worry was the AC. I have read so many horror stories about it and the fact that it was around 110 degrees in Vegas, I was not looking forward to the ride across the desert home. Fortunately, at least for my car, the AC worked quite well... most likely because I was expecting it to be horrible. Albeit, it could have been a bit colder but i certainly wasn't uncomfortable. Since that desert drive was the worst I would ever experience, I am relieved to say the AC won't be a problem.

Secondly, I cannot believe how many people turn into complete douchebags when they are near you in a Lotus. Its almost as if they all are trying to prove something to themselves or maybe to me and it seems as if the worst of them are in huge trucks and/or in Scions (are these even sports cars?:huh:). Anyhow, I can see I am going to have to raise my tolerance levels in order to deal with the inevitable repeat of these types of drivers while I am in the Lotus.

Another thing I was impressed by was the seats. As I said before, it was a 5 hour drive and not once did I stop and not once did I feel uncomfortable. It was a nice surprise after reading a lot of complaints about how it wouldn't be a comfortable daily driver. I guess comfort is subjective to the driver though, so at least I am happy with it :).

Last but certainly not least, I think I had a grin on my face the entire duration of the drive despite being in a zombie state from running on a few hours from being out late each night in Vegas :coolnana:. Just got home a few hours ago and am absolutely exhausted.

Anyhow, I am now a new owner and look forward to every second of it!

ok.. time to go to sleep now.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
rotfl scion drivers... sounds about right... but I think everyone has to deal with those no matter what they drive(yeah I know my car is 5 bucks away from a scion badge)

I think the main issue people have with using it as a daily is more to do with ingress/egress, stiff suspension, and lack of cargo space... but the seats are supposed to be pretty damn comfy :up:

glad your ac worked :nanner:

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Secondly, I cannot believe how many people turn into complete douchebags when they are near you in a Lotus. Its almost as if they all are trying to prove something to themselves or maybe to me and it seems as if the worst of them are in huge trucks and/or in Scions (are these even sports cars?:huh:). Anyhow, I can see I am going to have to raise my tolerance levels in order to deal with the inevitable repeat of these types of drivers while I am in the Lotus.
I recently drove my car to Vegas and I have to say that that was my worst trip dealing with the "duchebags" on the road. Most people are cool and move out of the way or check out the car or maybe try to play with you on the road. You only encounter a rude driver every once in a while. But on the drive to and from Vegas the "douchbag" encounters were more than I could count and were annoying to say the least. Other than that, the car is a blast!! :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
QFT

Once in my car everybody around me suddenly owns "a racecar"

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I've actually learned to enjoy these douchbags. They are more than happy to drive 50 yards in front of you "to be faster," providing early warning for cops!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I never encounter these "douchebags". Not even "ricers" who want to race. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??
you do not drive above 80... and you hate suv drives, and women to the point that you drive as a grandma would around a shopping mall. your are too busy dealing with your g/f yelling at you while you drive to realize someone is driving like a d/b around you... -poke-:panic:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
you do not drive above 80... and you hate suv drives, and women to the point that you drive as a grandma would around a shopping mall. your are too busy dealing with your g/f yelling at you while you drive to realize someone is driving like a d/b around you... -poke-:panic:

The last time I drove really hard at that autocross, my battery came loose! So it's granny driving for me all the way!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
MOST cars are not worth even kicking in the cams. ( Of course the Superleggra was fun to play with a couple of weeks ago ! )

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
OP congrats on your purchase and i hope you have fun with your car

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the new LOTUS, time to meet some of us and join our upcoming drives and GTGs!!!

Thanks, and yes I definitely want to try and make it out to the next local drive!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats!

I did a similar drive from LA to the Bay Area when I picked mine up a month ago (supposed to be a 6 hour drive, but ended being 10, thanks to the ridiculous traffic in LA). The seats were great. I was perfectly fine after my drive, except for maybe my teeth almost popping out on some of those roads. My wife on the other hand, who drove the infiniti (g35 cpe) behind me was complaining of uncomfortable seats and back pain :)

Enjoy the car. Took mine out for a spirited drive around the country roads yesterday. Still beaming from it:nanner2:.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all.

Just took the car out after work through the canyon near my house. all i can say is, wow. my friend who is a motorcycle enthusiast and owns a Ducati 1098 went for a ride with me and now i think he has the lotus bug just after one ride... he couldn't stop talking about how he wants one now and asking how much they cost :)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Thanks all.

Just took the car out after work through the canyon near my house. all i can say is, wow. my friend who is a motorcycle enthusiast and owns a Ducati 1098 went for a ride with me and now i think he has the lotus bug just after one ride... he couldn't stop talking about how he wants one now and asking how much they cost :)
sell the Deathcati and get a LOTUS is what i say!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts