The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New owner, 2005 Chrome Orange Elise, 23K, semi daily driver.

Anybody know where you can find a used soft top?

Also any tricks getting used to the blind spots? - They are significant!

Thanks

Ash

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Search. Multivex Mirrors

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Welcome to the Lotus Family!

As above, multivex is your friend.

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1 for Multivex...

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Practice driving your new Lotus...alot.

You'll get used to turning your head a little more often than in most cars.

Everything about driving these cars is different than what you're used to.

It all becomes very natural very quickly. :D

As much as the mirrors help, also turn your head and look.

·
Registered
67 Posts
+1 for Multivex...
Just be ready for the Multivex buying experience. I ordered a set in early June. AFTER my CC was charged they informed me there would be a 6-8 week wait. Once they arrived, one was scratched. They will send a replacement "when available". That's been about 3 weeks ago. Oh, and customer e-mail correspondence needs to be sent at least twice in order to get a response. Great mod though.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You don't have to get multivex mirrors, you could just spend $1.99 on a little fisheye mirror like I did. ^_^
This. And, keep your mirrors a bit overadjusted outwards. And look carefully. And Lorazepam.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have a set of multivex mirrors, but you'll need new double sided sticky tape.

2 strips holds them on pretty good. I don't think they'd come off if you... say... spun into a tree. And if you hit a tree backwards, you could see every terrifying detail with these mirrors.

:panic:

$90 + shipping, PM me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I recently bought an Elise with a hardtop, but I live in the rainy north and don't see myself getting much use out of the included soft top. I'm considering selling it, so PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have you thought about how much you would consider selling it for?
Note sure what the going price is, so I'll look around. I also need to unroll the thing to make sure it is in good condition and includes everything need. I'll pm you once I figure it out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ive been meaning to post about mirrors for awhile, so I'll just do it here. I had read plenty about bad mirrors on the Elise, and needing multivex. I've never met anyone who knew how to adjust side and rear-view mirrors, so of course I had my doubts about all that I was reading. I got my Elise a month ago, and i wont be getting any additional mirrors. I dont know if anything changed for 08, which is what I have, but my mirrors are fine. Not perfect, but I do NOT turn my head at all. I have one very small spot where I do not see a car that is behind me. My sport seats block the view out the rear window, using the rear view mirror for this one small spot. When I cant see the car, it is still safe to switch lanes (assuming they are not going significantly faster than me). Other than that, I can always see just about (if not THE) entire car using my 3 mirrors at all times. HINT: Side view mirrors are not for looking at the side of your car. If I see a car in my rear view, and its passing me on the left, as the left side of the car disappears from the rear view mirror, it shows up in the side view mirror, as the car starts to disappear from the sideview mirror, it shows up in my peripheral vision. At no time do I not see whats going on, and that is without moving my head, either to look behind me, or even position my head to see more from the mirrors. I have been driving with my mirrors in my cars like this for a long time. Starting point for adjustment should be where the white lines on the road are showing up in the lower corner nearest the body of the car. Adjust from there so that you always see the car in the mirror, or in your peripheral vision.

Mark

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Agreed, if I had an Elise I'd probably stick with the stock mirrors (or switch to a micromirror rear view). As it stands with the Exige, I'm really glad I added the multivex.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Look at this post for my little rectangle mirrors. Not awsome in looks departement, but I love them.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1340003-post18.html

And ya, Exige does have more blind spots on the back half then an Elise, since you can't look out the rear much at all (or at all period if you have an 07+)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts