The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, bought a 2014 Ardent Red Evora a couple weeks ago and have been stalking the hell out of these forums.

First question - The trunk - I bought replacement struts for the rear hatch since it was kinda weak and didn't lift very well, but the trunk still doesn't "pop" like I would expect/like other cars do. Is this by design? When I hit the key fob the solenoid does the hammer/click noises and the release fires, but I need to be actively lifting on the trunk to open it. If I'm not, it stays locked once the solenoid is done.

Again is this normal? Also, I saw the other posts about a mod...I'm going to want to do that eventually I assume, but know that I'm too "new' to get the PMs...

Second and third question is the audio/nav. I have the tech pack with the alpine INE-S920HD head unit. I found the trick to get into the settings (hold foot brake/hand brake/hand brake/release foot brake), but I don't seem to be getting any bass out of the subwoofer. I'm hesitant to pull apart the backseat entirely to look at the amp/sub. Anything obvious that I need to look at?

Other question is updating the head unit's maps. I tried to follow some steps I found on Alpine's site including putting an autorun folder on a micro SD behind the removal panel, but its not seeming to recognize the card. Any tutorials or tricks there?

I'm loving the car, but being in Ohio and still inconsistently crappy weather haven't had much of a chance to really stretch its legs..

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Hi and congrats.
The trunk pops about a 1/2" and then you have to lift it manually. Yes, the struts are lame and will drop on you in the winter time.
On the sub...several have had a blown fuse. Check that first. The next item is some have had issue with the sub-amp. After that you may simply find it is a very weak sub in an unsealed box. It helps fill in the sound a bit but it's pretty weak. Play with both the loudness and the sub volume in the settings.

Search for the Sub W topic in google with "site:lotustalk.com" to make it focus on this forum. There are many threads on it.

Have fun with your new ride!!! Unfortunately, it will make your other rides feel numb ;-) I had planned for mine to be a 3rd car weekend driver. But, I can't stop driving her and now have 42,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and congrats.
The trunk pops about a 1/2" and then you have to lift it manually. Yes, the struts are lame and will drop on you in the winter time.
So if mine isn't lifting at all, something else is probably going on? I was really hoping the new struts would take care of that. Maybe there's something else to adjust?

On the sub...several have had a blown fuse. Check that first. The next item is some have had issue with the sub-amp. After that you may simply find it is a very weak sub in an unsealed box. It helps fill in the sound a bit but it's pretty weak. Play with both the loudness and the sub volume in the settings.

Search for the Sub W topic in google with "site:lotustalk.com" to make it focus on this forum. There are many threads on it.

Have fun with your new ride!!! Unfortunately, it will make your other rides feel numb ;-) I had planned for mine to be a 3rd car weekend driver. But, I can't stop driving her and now have 42,000 miles on it.
I'll poke around for the sub. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Struts? Mine doesn't have e them. I guess they didn't want to mount to carbon fiber hatch? And congrats on purchase and yes car is addictive. I have an 800+ hp Huracan but find myself choosing 400 more that that for rides

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Hey guys, bought a 2014 Ardent Red Evora a couple weeks ago and have been stalking the hell out of these forums.

First question - ... When I hit the key fob the solenoid does the hammer/click noises and the release fires, but I need to be actively lifting on the trunk to open it. If I'm not, it stays locked once the solenoid is done...
Adjust the rubber stops. (screw out) to point that they pop the hatch up out of the latch system. Struts (at best) hold hatch, not raise it.

Struts? Mine doesn't have e them. I guess they didn't want to mount to carbon fiber hatch?
The carbon hatch uses a strut brace rather than lift cylinders, the carbo hatch was developed for the sport and GT models focused on weight reduction.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
For the trunk, there are two rubber adjustment bumpers on the trunk lid on the left and right side. These can be threaded in and out to adjust the tension at the latch and any mismatch between the trunk lid and the rear bumper cover. Try turning the bumpers out slowly and see if you can find a spot that puts a little bit of pressure on the latch, but not so much that you can’t relatch the lid without deflecting the trunk lid.

The amps are just bad on the Evora for the subs. If you turn up the volume and can’t feel anything coming through the sub vent in the back seat, you’ve blown a fuse or your amp is likely done. One fuse is behind the driver’s seat (check manual for fuse number) and the other fuse is located in the amp, right on top. If both fuses are good and the light blinks between green and red on the amp, then the amp is the problem. (I’m on my second amp, which is dead at the moment, and I’ll be swapping mine out for a third amp very soon)

Can’t help with the map updates. Don’t have an Alpine in my car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the trunk, there are two rubber adjustment bumpers on the trunk lid on the left and right side. These can be threaded in and out to adjust the tension at the latch and any mismatch between the trunk lid and the rear bumper cover. Try turning the bumpers out slowly and see if you can find a spot that puts a little bit of pressure on the latch, but not so much that you can’t relatch the lid without deflecting the trunk lid.

The amps are just bad on the Evora for the subs. If you turn up the volume and can’t feel anything coming through the sub vent in the back seat, you’ve blown a fuse or your amp is likely done. One fuse is behind the driver’s seat (check manual for fuse number) and the other fuse is located in the amp, right on top. If both fuses are good and the light blinks between green and red on the amp, then the amp is the problem. (I’m on my second amp, which is dead at the moment, and I’ll be swapping mine out for a third amp very soon)

Can’t help with the map updates. Don’t have an Alpine in my car.
Awesome. Thanks! I'll check those out when I get home from work this afternoon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ugh apparently I can't post responses???

Backing out the rubber stoppers on the hatch fixed the pop issue :).

Fuse for the amp in the fuse box is still good, but need to work up to pulling the amp side out.

Thanks again guys

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Re: the subwoofer...I'd check the amp fuse first.

Re: the maps. It's been a while since I updated mine, but there was/is a PDF listing the steps using the NaviExtras tool. Did you find that stuff?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did, but the SD card wasn't recognized when I put it in the slot behind the buttons...

·
NHguy
38 Posts
I installed the alpine 927hd unit. Map update is a total disaster. I've been back and forth with Naviextras about this for 6 months. I'm close to giving up and getting a different brand unit that does NOT use Naviextras. Their instructions are awful, their website totally confusing, and tech support is via email, and with English as second language, the responses are not accurate enough to figure out the mess. There's so much ambiguity in the process, it is a nightmare. It's too bad, because the unit itself is good, with live traffic updates. With the original installed map, it worked fine. Trouble started as soon as I tried to update it. Disaster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts