The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thrilled to be a new Elise owner! What a car! I just joined up and am looking forward to getting to know all of you. While reading some of the threads I noticed some of you are still waiting for your cars. I bought mine from Maplecrest in NJ and they had a few in stock. I couldnt imagine waiting for months for the car. Anyway, I hope to see you on the road soon.

·
Registered
970 Posts
keith4274 said:
Im thrilled to be a new Elise owner! What a car! I just joined up and am looking forward to getting to know all of you. While reading some of the threads I noticed some of you are still waiting for your cars. I bought mine from Maplecrest in NJ and they had a few in stock. I couldnt imagine waiting for months for the car. Anyway, I hope to see you on the road soon.

"couldnt imagine waiting months for the car"???...now thats a good way to get a quick ass whoopin around here...:):)...kiddin...alot on here have waited 1-3 yrs!...most still dont have cars either...welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Storm Titanium....had two. I couldnt decide between the black or red leather, decided on black, loaded including Star Shield. Sport pkg wasnt as rough as I thought, really smoothed out on the road. Im like a kid in this thing! Ill get pics soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought mine at MSRP. I talked with the manager Kurt for a while, he said there was a lot of price hikes at many of the dealers, but he was able to talk the owner out of that. Seems like a nice guy, invited me back to their show in the spring.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I'm stunned that you were able to do this. Lucky for you, perplexing for many of us.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Rothrock has an Artic Silver one loaded with everything at MSRP right now! I'll post pictures later. I'd never seen Artic Silver; it was really nice looking! Nice pearl in the paint. I was surprised to see the Vin number: 899! They'll be over 1000 in no time...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congratulations on your new car. I know exactly how you are feeling, since I picked mine up last Saturday. I got mine the same way, just walked into the dealership and took it home. I was not on any list. I think premiums are starting to go away. Also getting one now avoids any potential price hikes, which I hope does not happen.

I have been called a scum bag already for getting mine sooner than others waiting. This was my approach all along and it worked out.

Mine is magnetice blue, hard top, touring package with blue leather and star shield. I will put the LSS on the car later. I will get SSR wheels for the track with Hoosier tires.

Enyoy the car. It is so much fun. :D

·
Registered
970 Posts
wow, had no idea so many were getting cars off of showroom floor at msrp..thought it was 1-2 at most...guess the days of over msrp are over?...than who are the idiots who keep bidding up the contract spots on ebay???...sheesh, and I thought I had a good deal at 500.00 over.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: Huh??? What???

kusheen said:
Rothrock has an unspoken for car at MSRP and they're not contacting anyone on the list???????

Jeez, did I pick the wrong dealer. This is insane.
I was wondering about their list as well, the could not have made it all the way through their list already.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, Rothrock doesn't even return calls let alone contact those on the list. Piss poor overall...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.