The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2008 Exige S 240 two weeks ago. I'm enjoying driving it and can't wait until after the "1000 mile service". I have experienced a couple of electrical anomalies that have me concerned about the whole electrical system on the car. First, had been driving 15 minutes or so, shut the car off and when restarted, no gages. Nothing. Shut car off, restart, everything fine. Second, during a longer drive, power door locks started cycling. I cycled them manually with the console switch and it quit. This has happened twice. I also have a stitched seam in the drivers seat bottom opening up (no weight jokes, I'm 5-9 155). Am I expecting too much? Anyone else experienced similar problems?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear you're having issues, it was good to meet you during the car show on Sunday!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Has Lotus gone back to using Lucas?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Have you talked to TJ at Fox Valley yet?

Oh.....and welcome. :wave:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you talked to TJ at Fox Valley yet?

Oh.....and welcome. :wave:
Thanks. I have not talked with FVMC yet. Just checking to see if these are common issues.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
And by the way...pics of your ride are mandatory especially an 08! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll post some pictures soon. Is there a particular thread for this?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have an 08 240, and my gauges have been going out since I picked the car up. Very annoying, not knowing the temp or fuel level. The dealer finally got Lotus to agree to change out the cluster. I have 420 miles. :sad: If it is like mine, it will continue to go out each time you drive the car. I don't have the door lock problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts