The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just finally broke down and bought a 1-owner (well 2 if you count the dealership) black '06 Elise w/ touring pack. Only ~9,000 miles on the clock. Got a great deal as it was about half the MSRP and looks like it's been very well taken care of.

I had to give up my GT40 kit car project a couple of years ago because of family priorities.

I'm a chemist and I also have an '09 WRX that's my daily (rainy weather) driver. My wife has an '09 Dodge Grand Caravan (rugrat hauler).

·
Registered
460 Posts
H-town Lotus group

Looks good. There's a pretty tight group of Lotus people in the Houston regional area. Check out Lotus Owners of South Texas (LOST) on Yahoo Groups. Friendly track events and generally good people. Also on there is Toad Motor club at Richmond Arms pub (Richmond and Fountainview) that meets every third Wednesday each month. Stop by and say Hi.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ewwe, I hope you washed it. Do you see how close that nasty Corvette got to it? :D I kidd. welcome to the site, and fantastic looking car.

Hurray for Texas Lotus owners!:clap:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Congratulations......welcome to LotusTalk!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I really would like to attend some track days but it may be some time before my schedule permits. Work is really busy lately and we're expecting our third child here in September. I'll have to settle for my commutes and occasional time-attack midnight runs to taco bell for my wife! LOL

The car really is nice though. Too bad I don't have my old house with the detached shop...could really use a car lift!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
North of I-10...a few miles north-northwest of Grand Parkway...how about yourself?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
She's Purdy !!.... Buy a LOT of microfiber cloths !!! You'll need them !

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome to the wild and whackey world of Lotus ownership. You just missed out on the national Lotus Owners Gathering in birmingham but if you look up postings regarding LOG 29 you can get a small idea of what fanatics these car attract. All good fun.
Definitely check out the Yahoo groups L.O.S.T. (Lotus Owners of South Texas), web site. Good source for local activities and info if needed.
The club meets the second Saturday of every month, usually at Star Motor Cars on old Katy Rd. Membershp is free and all are welcome.
Hope to see you there. Good luck with your new pride and joy and enjoy the ride!

Al "phonse" B.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Welcome

very shinny!!!:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.