The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a new owner of a 2006 Chrome Orange Elise which was my first Bring a Trailer purchase. I picked the car up this past Sunday which was my birthday (and Mother's day, so I'm glad the seller agreed to meet then!). I've wanted a Lotus since college when one of my professors drove his to campus daily. The Chrome Orange looks great and makes my garage even brighter next to my BMWs, Dakar Yellow S54 Z3M Coupe and Dakar Yellow E36 M3.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I was watching that auction! I was trying to get a buddy to buy it but he wouldn't bite, haha

I'm in Mooresville with an Elise that was CO at one point but on its way to being green. Also just picked up a RWD 6MT E91 recently as my first real BMW (R55 Mini gets kinda close) and that NA 6 is deserving of most of the praise it gets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raleigh-Durham, so I had a nice 2.5 hour drive home after picking the car up in Charlotte. Unfortunately I stuck to the highway since I wanted to get home before dark, but I'm looking forward to finding all the back roads around here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was watching that auction! I was trying to get a buddy to buy it but he wouldn't bite, haha

I'm in Mooresville with an Elise that was CO at one point but on its way to being green. Also just picked up a RWD 6MT E91 recently as my first real BMW (R55 Mini gets kinda close) and that NA 6 is deserving of most of the praise it gets.
Awesome! I'm hoping the Lotus won't ruin the ride of the BMWs for me :) Are there any NC Lotus groups I should be joining?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Awesome! I'm hoping the Lotus won't ruin the ride of the BMWs for me :) Are there any NC Lotus groups I should be joining?
Hahaha, it'll ruin pretty much anything you ever thought was "dual purpose". Turns out, there isn't such a thing. My goal is to get the E91 more like the JCW, and that'll be considered a success in my book.

What's really funny is that my buddy who I was trying to get this car ended up just buying a different one, and he also has an E36 M3.

For groups, I'm a mod for the Lotus Drivers of North Carolina facebook page. Between Covid and my car being out of commission, there's not been a whole lot of activity, but the plan is to start getting some mountain drives and track days organized this summer and fall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha, it'll ruin pretty much anything you ever thought was "dual purpose". Turns out, there isn't such a thing. My goal is to get the E91 more like the JCW, and that'll be considered a success in my book.

What's really funny is that my buddy who I was trying to get this car ended up just buying a different one, and he also has an E36 M3.

For groups, I'm a mod for the Lotus Drivers of North Carolina facebook page. Between Covid and my car being out of commission, there's not been a whole lot of activity, but the plan is to start getting some mountain drives and track days organized this summer and fall.
That's what I was afraid of! The BMWs will always be fun and serve as slightly more practical vehicles I guess :LOL: Sounds like you have great plans for your stable!

I'll make sure to go join that FB group!

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
I am a "dual resident" of Raleigh area. Congratulations man! I seldom have my Lotus in NC lately, I do store my old Jaguar there, so will look you up and check out your fly machine sometime!

Oh yeah, you did the right thing and just buying one,because as you likely already know, yes it ruins all other 4 wheel street legal experiences. Beautiful car man, and up from the CO mafia, welcome to the family.

It was declared unanimously years ago on LT that statistically speaking the unique molecular coefficients found only on oem CO, make them from 3 to 7 mph faster than all others colors. Everything else being equal of course. tru fak! All I can think is cyow5 is so modifed and fast that he needs the drag increase from another color? oh and of course banned from CO mafia etc etc. et al.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I am a "dual resident" of Raleigh area. Congratulations man! I seldom have my Lotus in NC lately, I do store my old Jaguar there, so will look you up and check out your fly machine sometime!

Oh yeah, you did the right thing and just buying one,because as you likely already know, yes it ruins all other 4 wheel street legal experiences. Beautiful car man, and up from the CO mafia, welcome to the family.

It was declared unanimously years ago on LT that statistically speaking the unique molecular coefficients found only on oem CO, make them from 3 to 7 mph faster than all others colors. Everything else being equal of course. tru fak! All I can think is cyow5 is so modifed and fast that he needs the drag increase from another color? oh and of course banned from CO mafia etc etc. et al.
Technically mine was originally yellow and the poor attempt of CO by the shop never matched 100%, so I was only a wannabe all along. Reducing the car's speed is just an attempt of honesty and self-preservation since the CO speed can be difficult to control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts